Law Enforcement Officer I
: Public Safety and Security
: 3250 ST. MATTHEWS ROAD, ORANGEBURG, SC 29118
: JC10 SLOT
: 0005 POSITION NUMBER
: 145600 BAND
: 06/30/15 CLOSING DATE
: Open until filled
TYPE OF POSITION
: Full-time, FTE
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
: To perform duties designed to provide a safe and secure environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors by enforcing state laws, institution policies and rules and regulations on the campus of Orangeburg - Calhoun Technical College.
- Patrols parking areas and tickets illegally parked vehicles. Enforces all parking and motor vehicle regulations.
- While on routine patrol, visually checks parking areas, grounds and facilities with the specific intent of evaluating any existing and/or potential safety hazards.
- Takes necessary action within scope of authority to ensure the safety and protection of persons on campus.
- Investigates disturbances, accidents, etc., determines causes and participants, initiates the appropriate investigative action and the necessary reports.
- Patrols facilities to assist in the preventing thefts, vandalism, etc.
- Provides traffic control and other security services to assist with visiting dignitaries.
- Responds to fire alarms or other emergency calls, renders first aid to injured, dispenses crowd and reroutes spectators around disturbances or fires.
- Keeps records and makes reports of all campus activities and testifies in court and other legal proceedings.
: A high school diploma and two (2) years work experience in law enforcement. Certification by the Department of Public Safety in acccordance with Section 23-6-430 of the Code of Laws of South Carolina 1976, is required.
: Persons interested in this opportunity must submit a SC State Government Application, resume, and official transcripts if degree is required for position. Applicants may apply on-line at www.jobs.sc.gov
under Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College . Paper applications may be downloaded from HERE
or picked up from the Human Resources office. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of applications. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College Attention: Human Resources
3250 St. Matthews Road Orangeburg, SC 29118
(803) 535-1209 (telephone) (803) 535-1411 (fax)
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it does not does not discriminate on the basis race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, or age.
CAMPUS SECURITY ACT INFORMATION AVAILABLE AT www.octech.edu . PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE COLLEGE.