FIRST LEGO League
LEGO League (FLL) is an exciting and fun global robotics program that ignites an enthusiasm for discovery, science, and technology in kids ages 9 to 14. Each year FLL teams embark on an adventurous Challenge based on current, real-world issues. Guided by a team coach and assisted by mentors, the kids:
- Research and solve a real-world problem based on the Challenge theme
- Present their research and solutions
- Build an autonomous robot using engineering concepts
Using the yearly Challenges, FLL:
- Entices kids to think like scientists and engineers
- Provides a fun, creative, hands-on learning experience
- Teaches kids to experiment and overcome obstacles
- Builds self-esteem and confidence
- Inspires kids to participate in science and technology
No matter what the child’s subject interest, FLL offers an opportunity for engagement. Whether it is by creativity, technology, or research, FLL dares kids to test, explore, expand, or completely change thoughts and approaches for different sciences each year.
Each year OCtech hosts one of seven FIRST LEGO League regional competitions in which up to twenty teams from across South Carolina compete for an opportunity to participate in the statewide competition. Success at the state competition can lead to international trips and competitions for the team.
Check out the latest news as USFirst.org