Name of Program: Associate Degree, Accounting and Related Certificates
The Accounting program will equip you for a job in the always in-demand field of accounting services. Career opportunities for you may include payroll clerk, bookkeeper, tax preparer or paraprofessional accountant just to name a few. Opportunities for internships, job shadowing and additional certifications are available. Our students gain valuable volunteer experience by participating in VITA each year.
Our program faculty work closely with area industry to maintain a bridge between students and employment opportunities.
There is a transfer agreement for this program with Claflin University.
Compile and record employee payroll data. May compute
employees' time worked, production, and commission. May
compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks.
Median salary: $35,100
Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain financial data for accounting records.
Median salary: $32,400
Prepare tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
Median salary: $21,700
Our students are very active in Enactus -"A community of student, academic and business leaders committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to transform lives and shape a better more sustainable world."
Program Student Learning Outcomes:
• Demonstrate knowledge of basic accounting processes.
• Prepare a general ledger.
• Reconcile accounts.
• Prepare manual/computerized financial statements.
• Prepare federal and state forms.
• Use cost accounting techniques.
• Analyze financial statements.
• Demonstrate knowledge of accounting tools.
• Use computer skills to demonstrate accounting principles.
• Develop/use business communication skills.
• Demonstrate professionalism.