Agriculture (Clemson Transfer)
Students enrolled in the Associate in Science with an emphasis in Agricultural Education have as their primary objective either the transfer of specific courses or the associate degree in its entirety to Clemson University.
Students in this program have guaranteed transfer credit to the College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Life Sciences at Clemson University. The principal mission of agricultural education is to prepare and maintain professionals to serve the future educational needs of people who are in or affected by the broad agriculture industry.
Graduates who meet all the criteria listed below will be accepted without further review of credentials, with junior standing at Clemson University:
a. The student will have received an Associate in Science Degree with an emphasis in Agricultural Education from Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College.
b. The student will have taken all the required courses.
c. The student’s cumulative grade point ratio at OCtech must be 2.5 or higher.
d. A grade of “C” or better is required in all courses to be applied toward the bachelor’s degree.
e. The student must achieve the minimum score on the PRAXIS I (NTE) and forward the scores to Clemson University.
Name of Program: Certificate, Sustainable Agriculture
Program Student Learning Outcomes:
• Students will demonstrate knowledge on how to increase farm profits through lowering input costs.
• Students will demonstrate methods to improve soil quality.
• Students will demonstrate environmental conservation methods.
• Students will demonstrate proficiency in implementing Integrated Pest Management methods.
• Students will demonstrate an understanding of profitable marketing of agricultural commodities.
• Students will use a variety of skills to evaluate the diversity of an agricultural operation.