Associate Degree Nursing
| “The instructors are amazing. They prepare you for nursing and give you confidence. My dad is a physician at the Regional Medical Center, and he always says that you can tell who the nurses are that come out of OCtech because they’re so prepared. Anyone who gets into the program should consider themselves blessed.”
Frances Delaney, ADN, 2010
NOTE: The Associate Degree Nursing program is currently full for Fall 2015 and not accepting packets.
The Associate Degree Nursing program equips you for today’s careers in health care. You’ll receive quality classroom instruction and hands-on experience in state of the art labs. Practical clinical experience at area health care providers will give you the knowledge and confidence needed to ensure that you're well qualified to enter the profession.
Earn your BSN Online and $ave Money!
After you earn your Associate Degree in Nursing, you can continue your education online with USC Upstate to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). The Associate Degree and general education courses required for the BSN degree can be completed at OCtech. The BSN degree can then be obtained with an additional year of online nursing study through our partnership with USC Upstate.
Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Median Salary: $58,300
Download our brochure:
Where our graduates work:
Sample Job Placement Rates:
Providence Heart Institute
Lexington Medical Center
Regional Medical Center
Davita Dialysis Center
Laurel Baye Healthcare
Edisto Convalescent Center
Orangeburg Nursing Home
|Nursing - 100%
Name of Program: Associate Degree, Nursing
Program Student Learning Outcomes:
• Function as part of the interdisciplinary health care teams selected health care settings with individuals, families and communities across the life span.
• Adhere to the standards of professional nursing practice within the legal, ethical, and regulatory frameworks.
• Provide evidence-based, clinically competent, contemporary care utilizing critical thinking and decision making within the framework of the nursing process.
• Provide holistic nursing care to promote, protect, and improve health.
• Provide culturally competent care to a diverse society.
• Utilize basic management and leadership skills to provide continuity of care to facilitate positive outcomes and meet patient needs.
• Utilize various methods of communicati90oni to effectively interact within the health care system.
• Provide health education to promote and facilitate informed decision-making, achieve positive outcomes, and support self-care activities.
• Demonstrate characteristics of self-direction and accountability, which contribute to life-long learning, both personally and within the profession of nursing.
Spring 2014 Licensure/Certification First-Time Pass Rate: 97.7%