1. Complete an application for admission to the college.
2. Successful completion of an Associate Degree Radiologic Technology program OR
3. Submit a letter from the department head, of the imaging program in which the student is currently enrolled, stating the applicant is in good academic standing. Applicant must be in at least the 4th semester of a 5 semester program. Must show evidence of ARRT registration within one month of the start date of the
4. Copy of current ARRT card
5. Copy of SCRQSA (or other state license, if applicable) cards.
6. Applicants must be permanent U. S. citizens for one year prior to application.
Applicants who are admitted to the program will be required to validate by signature (may be required to demonstrate) their understanding of the specific physical, communication and didactic skills of the academic and clinical environment which include the ability to:
1. Follow oral and written instructions.
2. Put on protective clothing and equipment correctly without assistance.
3. Lift 20 pounds from the floor, carry 10 feet, and place on a surface 36 inches in height.
4. Detect both visual and audible alarms.
5. Correctly read aloud written instructions.
6. Demonstrate fine motor skills in manipulating small objects.
7. Stand from a seated position and walk 300 feet.
Any student who cannot perform one of the listed technical standards should contact the Coordinator of Services for Students with Disabilities.
A background check and drug test will be required upon acceptance to the program. Positive results on background check or drug test may prohibit your participation in clinical rotations.
Misrepresentation of information on any required forms will make an applicant ineligible for admission or continuation in the Mammography, MRI or CT certificate curriculum.
We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in the position of equal opportunity and equal access without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or handicap. The Title IX and Section 504 compliance Officer is Marie Howell, 3250 St. Matthews Road, Orangeburg, South Carolina 29118, telephone 803.535.1207.
Revised: February 21, 2012