The Associate in Science with an emphasis in Agricultural Education or Soils and Sustainable Crops is designed for students to either transfer specific courses or a complete associate degree to the College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences at Clemson University to count toward a four-year degree.
Graduates must meet the following criteria to be accepted without further review of credentials and with junior standing at Clemson University:
- Receive an Associate in Science with an emphasis in Agricultural Education or Soils and Sustainable Crops from OCtech.
- Take all required courses.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher at OCtech.
- Earn a grade of C or better in all courses to be applied toward the bachelor’s degree.
- Achieve the minimum score on the PRAXIS I (NTE) and forward the scores to Clemson University.
“The agriculture program at OCtech helped me gain the necessary knowledge and skills that helped prepare me for my career in agriculture through real-world learning. I am able to apply my knowledge whether in the field, on the computer or through public speaking to help better understand today’s agriculture practices while helping to solve problems facing South Carolina farmers.”
- JAMES SMOAK, Certificate in Soils and Sustainable Crops/
Associate in Applied Science in General Technology in Agriculture and Business