Learn to design, develop, test and manufacture electrical and electronic equipment like radios, radar, sonar, television, industrial and medical measuring or control devices, navigational equipment and computers. Employment opportunities are expected to continue to grow as the demand for more sophisticated products increases.
Electronics Engineering Technology’s Student Outcomes and Program Educational Objectives Student Outcomes:
Student outcomes describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that students attain as they progress through the program. The student outcomes are accessed annually based on the student performance of specific performance indicators that support each outcome.
- The current student outcomes of the Electronics Engineering Technology program are listed below:
- Graduates of the EET program at OCtech should be proficient in the following areas at the time of graduation.
- An ability to apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to narrowly defined engineering technology activities.
- An ability to apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles but extensive practical knowledge.
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements, and to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments.
- An ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- An ability to identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined engineering technology problems.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Apply circuit analysis and design, computer programming, associated software, analog and digital electronics, and microcomputers, and engineering standards to the building, testing, operation, and maintenance of electrical/electronic(s) systems.
Accrediting Agency: Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET http://www.abet.org