Nursing & Health Science
Special Admissions Requirements for Program Applicants
“OCtech does a wonderful job preparing you for the NCLEX. They challenge you. The instructors are genuine people who care about you and your success. They lead by example. They teach you how to be a good nurse, to be confident and to do the right things when people aren’t looking. I know from my own experience that if you put in what they put into making you a nurse, the sky’s the limit."
- JOHNNA PATRICK Practical Nursing and Associate Degree Nursing
Read Johnna's OCtech story and more in our Spring 2018 College Magazine.
Nursing & Health Science Admissions Packets:
Admissions requirements are obtained by attending a Health Information Program (HIP). All applicants are required to attend a program as part of the admissions process. (Online HIP sessions are available for those unable to attend in person.) Due to the limited availability of slots in these programs, admission is competitive. Applicants are advised to apply early. OCtech seeks to identify students who can achieve at an appropriate level in the curriculum and diversity among its student population.
Registration for On-campus Health Information Program (HIP) Sessions
You can register for upcoming HIP sessions here.
Online Health Information Program (HIP) Sessions
NOTE: Online sessions are being updated and will be available on Monday, October 22.
Online Health Science/Nursing Session
Online PN to Adn Session
If you choose to attend online, please read the instructions carefully!
Important Session Reminders
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session in Building S - Student Services lobby. No appointment needed.
- Be on time! No one is allowed in once the session begins. If you are late, you must attend another session in order to receive your application packet. If you are coming from out of town, please expect traffic delays. We cannot permit entrance because of traffic delays.
- Children are not allowed.
- Allow 2 hours for the session.
Packets are only accepted from 8 am-4 pm Monday-Thursday. Packets are not accepted on Fridays due to limited staff. APPLY EARLY!
PLEASE NOTE: Students who have not completed the prerequisite classes for their selected Nursing or Health Science program are encouraged to complete a regular application for admission to one of our Nursing or Health Science Preparatory programs:
- Health Science and Nursing Careers Preparatory Program
- Health Science and Nursing Careers University Transfer Preparatory Program