Nursing & Health Science
Special Admissions Requirements for Program Applicants
Nursing & Health Science Admissions Packets:
Admissions requirements are obtained by attending a Health Information Program (HIP). All applicants are required to attend a program as part of the admissions process. (Online HIP sessions are available for those unable to attend in person.) Due to the limited availability of slots in these programs, admission is competitive. Applicants are advised to apply early. OCtech seeks to identify students who can achieve at an appropriate level in the curriculum and diversity among its student population.
Registration for Health Information Program (HIP) Sessions
You can register for upcoming HIP sessions here.
Important Session Reminders
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session in Building S - Student Services lobby. No appointment needed.
- Be on time! No one is allowed in once the session begins. If you are late, you must attend another session in order to receive your application packet. If you are coming from out of town, please expect traffic delays. We cannot permit entrance because of traffic delays.
- Children are not allowed.
- Allow 2 hours for the session.
Packets are only accepted from 8 am-4 pm Monday-Thursday. Packets are not accepted on Fridays due to limited staff. APPLY EARLY!
Online Sessions - Online HIP sessions are currently unavailable.
If you choose to attend online, please read the instructions carefully! (For PN to ADN session, please use this link - currently unavailable.)
PLEASE NOTE: Students who have not completed the prerequisite classes for their selected Nursing or Health Science program are encouraged to complete a regular application for admission to one of our Nursing or Health Science Preparatory programs:
- Associate Degree Nursing Preparation
- Licensed Practical Nursing Preparation
- Physical Therapist Assistant Preparation
- Medical Assisting Preparation
- Radiologic Technology Preparation
- Respiratory Care Preparation