Nursing & Health Science
Nursing & Health Science Packets:
Special Admissions Requirements for Program Applicants
Nursing and Health Science programs have special admissions requirements. Admissions requirements may be obtained by attending a health information program (HIP) session. All applicants are required to attend a session as part of the admissions process. Participants also have the option to participate in online HIP sessions if they are unable to attend a face-to-face session. (For PN to ADN session, please use this link.)
A list of scheduled sessions is below.
Due to the limited availability of slots in these programs, admission is competitive. Applicants are advised to apply early. OCtech seeks to identify students who can achieve at an appropriate level in the curriculum and diversity among its student population. Students who have not completed the prerequisite classes for their selected Nursing or Health Science program are encouraged to complete a regular application for admission to one of our Nursing or Health Science Preparatory programs.
Health Information Program (HIP) Sessions
Please click the dates below to register for a HIP session:
There are no more HIP Sessions scheduled for the spring semester. Please see below for online options.
Online SessionsIf you choose to attend online, please read the instructions carefully! This is very important and the information is given for you to be successful.
All applicants are required to attend a HIP session in order to receive the application packet for our competitive Nursing and Health Science programs.
Health Science Programs
- Respiratory Therapy
- Medical Assisting (MA)
- Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) FULL for fall 2017.
- Radiologic Technology FULL for fall 2017.
Non-Competitive Programs (No HIP session required)
- Computed Tomography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Mammography FULL for fall 2017.
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Patient Care Technician
Important Session Reminders
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session in Building S - Student Services lobby. No appointment needed.
- Be on time! No one is allowed in once the session begins. If you are late, you must attend another session in order to receive your application packet. If you are coming from out of town, please expect traffic delays. We cannot permit entrance because of traffic delays.
- Children are not allowed.
- Allow 2 hours for the session.
Packets are only accepted from 8 am-4 pm Monday-Thursday. Packets are not accepted on Fridays due to limited staff. APPLY EARLY!
Nursing, Radiology, Medical Assisting and Respiratory programs are open until filled. The Physical Therapist Assistant application deadline is March 30, 2017.