Special Admissions Requirements for Nursing and Health Science Program Applicants
Nursing and Health Science programs have special admissions requirements. Admissions requirements may be obtained by attending a Health Information Program Session. All applicants are required to attend a session as part of the admissions process. Participants
also have the option to participate in the online Health Information Session if they are unable to attend a face to face session. A listing of scheduled sessions are below.
Due to the limited availability of admission slots in these programs at OCtech, curriculum admission is competitive; and applicants are advised to apply early. OCtech seeks to identify students who can achieve at an appropriate level in the curriculum as well as achieve diversity among its student population.
Health Information Program (HIP) Sessions Dates
Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:00 am
Wednesday, April 8, 2015 11:00 am
Wednesday, April 22, 2015 11:00 am
Wednesday, May 6, 2015 11:00 am
Wednesday, May 20, 2015 11:00 am
If you choose to attend online, please read the instructions carefully!
This is very important and the information is given for you to be successful.
All applicants are required to attend a Health Information Program (HIP) session prior to applying.
Your future is a Heartbeat away! Plan to attend a session now and start a rewarding career!
NEW Program Criteria
Medical Office Assistant
Physical Therapist Assistant (Summer 2015 Only)
Associate Degree Nursing
LPN to ADN (FLEX)
Radiologic Technology (This program is currently full for Fall 2015 and not accepting packets.)
PTA Rating Sheet
Guidelines for Appeal
TEAS V Test Resources
• Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session.
Bldg. S – Student Services lobby (see map on website). No appointment needed.
• Be on time! No one is allowed in once the session has begun. If you are late you must attend
another session in order to receive your application packet. If you are coming from out
of town, please expect traffic delays. We cannot permit entrance because of traffic delays.
• Children are not allowed.
• Allow 2 hours for the session.
• You must attend a session either in person or online to receive an application packet.
Packets are only accepted Monday – Thursday between the hours of 8am – 4pm.
PACKETS ARE NOT ACCEPTED ON FRIDAYS DUE TO LIMITED STAFF.
• We will begin accepting packets starting Monday, September 8, 2014.
• We will not accept packets December 8 – 18, 2014.
• The college will be closed December 19, 2014 – January 4, 2015
in observance of the Christmas Holidays.
• We will not accept packets January 5, 2015 – January 23, 2015 due to registration.
• We will begin accepting packets again on Monday, January 26, 2015.
APPLY EARLY! All programs are open until filled. There are NO DEADLINES!