Special Admissions Requirements for Nursing and Health Science Program Applicants
Nursing and Health Science programs have special admissions requirements. Admissions requirements may be obtained by attending a Health Information Program Session. All applicants are required to attend a session as part of the admissions process. Participants also have the option to participate in the online Health Information Session
if they are unable to attend a face to face session. A listing of scheduled sessions are below.
Due to the limited availability of admission slots in these programs at OCtech, curriculum admission is competitive; and applicants are advised to apply early. OCtech seeks to identify students who can achieve at an appropriate level in the curriculum as well as achieve diversity among its student population.
Health Information Program (HIP) Sessions Dates
Thursday July 30, 2015 11am
Monday August 10, 2015 11am
Tuesday September 1, 2015 2:30pm
Wednesday September 23, 2015 9am
Monday October 5, 2015 11am
Tuesday October 20, 2015 2:30pm
Wednesday November 11, 2015 9:00am
Monday November 23, 2015 11am
If you choose to attend online,
please read the instructions carefully!
This is very important and the information is given for you to be successful.
All applicants are required to attend a Health Information Program (HIP) session in order to receive the application packet.
Important Session Reminders:
• Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session.
Bldg. S – Student Services lobby (see map on website). No appointment needed.
• Be on time! No one is allowed in once the session has begun. If you are late you must attend
another session in order to receive your application packet. If you are coming from out
of town, please expect traffic delays. We cannot permit entrance because of traffic delays.
• Children are not allowed.
• Allow 2 hours for the session.
Packets are only accepted Monday – Thursday between the hours of 8am – 4pm.
PACKETS ARE NOT ACCEPTED ON FRIDAYS DUE TO LIMITED STAFF.
- We will begin accepting packets Tuesday, September 8, 2015.
- We will not accept packets December 7-18, 2015.
- The college will be closed December 21, 2015 - January 3, 2016.
- We will not accept packets January 4. 2016 - January 22, 2016 due to registration for classes.
- We will begin accepting packets again on Monday, January 25,2016.
All programs are open until filled. There are NO DEADLINES!