Presidential Scholars Program
Our Presidential Scholars Program is an intensive one- or two-year college preparatory honors program for exceptional students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or complete an associate degree at OCtech.
Students wishing to transfer take 30 or more hours of general education courses specific to their academic goals. They receive preferential advising to ensure that all of their courses will transfer to their chosen program of study. Students enrolled in an associate degree program take required courses.
In addition, Presidential Scholars must:
- take a college preparatory seminar that covers goal setting, priority management, study skills, financial literacy, critical and creative thinking, conflict resolution, stress management and more
- complete college and/or community service
- participate in a job shadowing activity in their chosen field
"Being a Presidential Scholar sets you apart. I’m glad I had the opportunity to be a part of it. I am confident in what I do and feel like I deliver the best care I can because I graduated from OCtech."
- SAMANTHA WHITTLE Associate Degree Nursing
Read Samantha's OCtech story and more in our Spring 2018 College Magazine.
Scholars are encouraged to join campus clubs specific to their major. Those who successfully meet the requirements may be invited to join Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society.
- free iPad
- free printing
- private study lounge and meeting space with amenities
- priority registration for classes
- waived fees for transcripts and graduation applications
- special recognition at graduation
- build relationships in your chosen program
To be considered for the Presidential Scholars Program, students must:
- be a recent high school graduate
- have never attended college before attending OCtech
- receive a 3.0 or higher high school or OCtech Middle College GPA
- earn the necessary minimum placement scores to enroll in OCtech college-level courses
- interview with the program coordinator
To apply, students must complete both the OCtech and Presidential Scholars application processes. The deadline for all application material is June 30 of each year, or until all scholarships have been awarded. Apply early!
For more information, contact: