Healthcare and Human Services
CPR, First Aid & Bloodborne Pathogens
Our CPR and First Aid courses will provide you with General principles of First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for medical emergencies and injuries. Blood Borne Pathogens provides child caregivers, healthcare professionals and tattoo artists the proper health and safety standards for infection control.
HHS 635 CPR – BLS for the Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association): $49
HHS 529 First Aid (American Heart Association): $49
HHS 602 Bloodborne Pathogens: $39
Career Training Healthcare and Fitness Programs
(Formerly Gatlin Education)
Certificate programs in Medical Coding, Transcription, Pharmacy, and other popular fields.
Medical Billing and Coding
Gain the Skills You Need to be a Certified Medical Coder
Train with Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College for a career in medical coding and learn the specialized skills you need to assign the standardized codes used to bill for healthcare services. With over 37,000 new jobs* expected in this field by 2020, the rapidly expanding healthcare industry relies on these professionals. GET STARTED!
Choose our training for:
- AHIMA-approved curriculum – Approved by the American Health Information Management Association, our medical coding training program has been shown to prepare students for national certification and employment.
- National certification preparation – Graduate prepared to earn your Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Associate (CCA) credentials and prove you have the skills employers are looking for.
- Expert-designed and supported career training – Our program was built by AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainers and other experts with decades of experience to ensure you gain the skills you need to excel in this field, and your instructors are available by phone, email, and chat to help you learn the material.
- Employer-trusted education – Some of the largest and most respected healthcare employers in the nation (including the leading provider of healthcare services in the U.S. and one of the nation's largest managed healthcare companies) are using this curriculum to train their employees! Choose training that even employers are using!
ICD-10 Training For Experienced Medical Coders
The mandated ICD-10 transition is fast approaching. October 1, 2014 will be here in no time, and you have to make sure you're prepared! Train with Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College to get the continuing education you need to be ICD-10 ready.
Choose our ICD-10 FastTrack training for:
- Expert-designed curriculum – Developed by AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainers as well as other experts with decades of experience teaching coding, this course is specifically designed to help you quickly gain the ICD-10 specific skills you'll need.
- Employer-trusted training – Some of the largest and most trusted healthcare organization in the country are already using this training to prepare their employees. Choose the training even employers are using!
- All-inclusive education – Both AHIMA and AAPC recommend that coders take biomedical sciences training in addition to ICD-10 code set training. With this course, you'll have the biomedical sciences training you need to make the most of the included ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS code set training. GET STARTED!