This Training is FREE!
“Made in the USA” is making a comeback and as a result manufacturing is booming. The growth in manufacturing is creating jobs—not just jobs, but good jobs. These are in-demand jobs with good wages and benefits. Forget the days of your grandfather’s factory. Today’s manufacturing plants are state-of-the-art facilities filled with some of the world’s most technologically-advanced equipment and robotics. These progressive, advanced machines need skilled operators to successfully run them.
Are you up for the job?
Are you looking for ways to increase your employability? Are you looking for a career change? Maybe you’re fresh out of school or the military and new to the workforce?
Benefits of the South Carolina Manufacturing Certificate
You will learn essential skills for high-demand jobs in advanced manufacturing. While you’re at it, you will also receive an industry-recognized national certification. By the end of the program, you will increase your employability for high-demand, well-paying jobs by:
• Earning an industry-recognized national certification
• Mastering the soft and technical skills essential for in-demand jobs in advanced manufacturing
• Understanding what it takes to work effectively in a manufacturing environment
• Fully comprehending the importance of continuous improvement in the manufacturing process
• Grasping the essential skills needed to gather, interpret, and use data consistently and accurately to make decisions and take action
• Improving your fundamental communication skills (writing, reading, speaking, listening) to meet the needs of the workplace
• Increasing your safety awareness and honing your ability to recognize and address safety hazards in the workplace
• Sharpening your basic math abilities
• Learning to measure properly using a wide variety of measuring instruments
• Enhancing your use of hand and power tools
• Learning to read a blueprint effectively without error and within tolerances
Components of the South Carolina Manufacturing Certificate
This program consists of 200 hours including:
• classroom training
• hands-on skill trainings
• a production simulation
Is Manufacturing the Right Career for You?
What are manufacturers looking for in employees?
• Good work ethic
• Team player
• Good communication skills
• Basic understanding of the importance of manufacturing
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to recognize and address safety concerns
• Effective use of hand and power tools
• Good problem-solving skills
• Ability to read basic mechanical blueprints
• Ability to perform basic math tasks
• Ability to properly measure and use various measuring instruments
• Understanding of the importance of a producing a quality product
What do entry-level production techs make?
The starting salary for Certified Production Technician ranges from $30K to $45K.
Where can you go from here?
There are definite career growth opportunities in this field. Production Technicians can take additional courses and advance to front-line supervisors or enhance their business education and seek positions in management or engineering technology.
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College Corporate Training and Economic Development
(803) 535-1236 or (within SC) 1-800-813-6519, ext. 1236