The Orangeburg Calhoun Technical College Testing Center is located on the second floor of the Gressette Learning Resource Center, Building B - room # 245.
The Testing Center provides support to students, faculty, staff and the community. We offer a student-friendly, academically secure, professional place of business for all examinees. We promote honesty, confidentiality and fair practices to all who make use of our services. Our staff is well trained to administer all exams to help examinees achieve optimum test results.
- A valid picture ID is required before testing.
- No food, drink or prohibited testing aids allowed in the testing room.
- All cell phones and personal belongings must be left in your vehicle or locked in a designated locker. (OCTech Testing Center is not responsible for theft or damage to cell phones or personal belongings.)
- All paper, pencils, locker keys, or any other testing aids provided must be returned before leaving the Testing Center.
- Children and visitors are not allowed to wait in the Testing Center while examinees are testing.
- Walk-in Testing is 1st come 1st serve basis as space and time allow
Walk-in exams include: COMPASS, TEAS, Biology, Workkeys, MAT
Last exam is administered 2 to 3 hours prior to closing depending on which exam is requested (please speak with the OCtech Testing Center staff for further information on time allotments for each exam).
Video and audio recording may be done at any time
MAT (Miller Analogies Test):
Pay cashier in Building S / Pay by phone, 803.535.1211 / no checks accepted 2 valid forms of ID (one with picture) and receipt required before testing.
MAT Registration is done same day of exam in the Testing Center.
NCCT (National Center for Competency Testing):
NCCER (National Center of Construction Education and Research)
E-Compass Placement Exam (See Advisor in Admissions)
TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills):
Distance Learning Proctored Exams, for the non-OCtech student:
MSSC (Manufacturing Skill Standards Council): http://www.msscusa.org/
GKN Aerospace: http://www.gkn.com/aerospace/Pages/default.aspx
GED (General Educational Development) http://www.gedtestingservice.com/ged-testing-service
Biology Placement Exam
Non-OCtech Testing Center Student Guidelines:
The Instructor is responsible for providing precise, written instructions to OCtech Testing Center for all test(s) administered in the Center.
Hard copy test(s) must be sent to OCtech Testing Center by traceable means (i.e. UPS…) with a self-addressed envelope and pre-paid postage. Exams will be mailed back to instructors within 24 hours after they are completed.
• The Testing Center staff will not print a test(s) and then administer it to the student.
• A fee will apply for each test.
• Passwords for online exams may be sent via e-mail or fax to the Testing Center.
• A completed Test Cover Sheet is required for each test. This form is available online and in the Testing Center.
• Tests submitted without instructions will be treated as “closed book, no notes” and the time will be unlimited.
• Only instructors or department Administrative Assistants may deliver exams. We will not accept exams that are faxed or delivered by students.
• The OCtech Testing Center does not accept take-home tests, homework, or any type of hand-outs to be turned in.
• It is the instructor's responsibility to inform the student when the test will be available in the OCTCTC as well as what materials are allowed and required.
• If an OCtech Testing Center staff member observes a student cheating on any quiz or test, all testing and unauthorized materials will be confiscated. The instructor will be notified immediately.
• If a special answer sheet or Scantron sheet is needed, please include it with the test.
• The OCtech Testing Center provides pencils and scratch paper to students as needed.
• We will not make additional copies of the exam. The instructor must provide the appropriate number of exams so that each student has his/her own exam.
• The OCtech Testing Center will ensure that students have the appropriate amount of time to complete their testing. If an instructor indicates on the Test Cover Sheet that a student should have three hours to complete an exam, then the student will be permitted to begin the exam no later than three hours before the OCTCTC closes.
• Please remind students that children are not permitted in the OCtech Testing Center .
The OCtech Testing Center staff is authorized to dismiss an examinee from testing for any of these reasons:
• Failing to turn OFF a cell phone
• Attempting to take a test for someone else
• Giving or receiving assistance of any kind
• Using notes, books, calculators or other testing aids without permission
• Attempting to remove test questions and/or responses (in any format) from the testing room
• Leaving the testing area without permission before the exam is completed
• Exhibiting confrontational, threating or unruly behavior
If a student has a documented need for a nonstandard test administration, please contact the the Advising Center. 803.535.1337