Print this Page

How To Apply for Financial Aid

Haga clic aquí para la versión en español

2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid

STEP 1: Apply for a FSA ID (Federal Student Aid Identification):  CLICK HERE for more information and instructions on how to create an FSA ID.  When ready, please create your FSA ID: 
The FSA ID replaces the Federal Student Aid PIN.  If you have an existing four digit PIN number, you can link your information to your new FSA ID by entering the PIN while registering for your FSA ID.  Your FSA ID is used to sign legally binding documents electronically.  
STEP 2: Both student and parent (If dependent) should apply for a FSA ID
 Have copies of your 2014 Federal tax transcripts (if filed) on hand to complete the FAFSA 
STEP 4: OCtech School Code: 006815 
STEP 5: Complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA: 

* If eligible, use the IRS data retrieval option to transfer all tax information from the IRS onto the FAFSA*.
* Please allow 3-5 Business days for processing. 

Financial Aid Application Deadlines

Term               Deadline
Fall                 July 1
Spring            November 1
Summer         April 1

*To be considered for campus-based aid, your student aid report must be in the Financial Aid Office before May 1, each year.

Financial aid applications may be processed after the posted deadlines; however, students should make arrangements to cover the cost of tuition and books for the first semester of enrollment or until they are officially notified of eligibility status for financial aid.

Eligibility for Aid

Eligibility requirements for each type of aid may vary from year to year. For information on the most recent eligibility requirements, methods for determining individual student eligibility and calculating award amounts, contact the Financial Aid Office. Specific eligibility requirements are established by the US Education Department for federally-funded aid programs; South Carolina Commission on Higher Education for state-funded programs; and local/private sources determine eligibility for their respective programs. To remain eligible, a student must be enrolled and be in good academic standing. Students who withdraw from school after the start of the term are liable for repayment of part or all of the funds received during that semester. In addition, to assure that the student remains eligible, the student must notify the Financial Aid Office of changes in enrollment status or program of study.