How To Apply for Financial Aid
Haga clic aquí para la versión en español
School Code 006815
Complete the current year FAFSA
What is a PIN Number?
Apply for a PIN
The FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This application is required to qualify for grants, lottery tuition assistance, loans, work-study as well as any other grants that may be available.
- In order to complete the FAFSA, you will need your most current year’s federal tax information.
- Use OCtech's School Code 006815. (Your information will be sent directly to the school.)
- If possible, please utilize the Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax information from the IRS.
- Click HERE for information on how to use the Data Retrieval Tool. This option can be found under the financial information portion of your FAFSA application.
- If you or your parents didn’t file taxes but worked, please use your W2’s to complete the FAFSA.
- Be sure to electronically sign the FAFSA using your PIN.
- Please print confirmation page for your records. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing.
The Pin Number (Personal Identification Number) is a 4 digit number that both parent (if dependent) and student must have in order to electronically sign the FAFSA.
How to Apply for a PIN Number:
2. Click on apply for a PIN
3. Review application information and click “next”
4. Fill in app blocks with your personal information. Click “next”
5. Submit PIN application. Select “I agree not to share my pin.”
6. Print out confirmation page for your records.
If you already have a PIN, but you are not sure what your PIN is, you can request a duplicate pin to be displayed for you by selecting “request a duplicate PIN” on the homepage of the PIN website. Customer Service 1.800.433.3243