Campus Safety & Security
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College welcomes you to campus. The Campus Public Safety and Security team works hard to maintain a safe and secure campus for students, employees and guests. The office is located on the first floor of Building B, beside the Bookstore and TRiO Computer Lab.
OCtech Campus Public Safety and Security Contact Information:
Office Phone: 803-535-1336
Cell Phone/Emergency: 803-682-3335
Emergency Notification System
Students’ D2L email addresses are automatically enrolled in the college’s emergency alert system (Regroup). Students are encouraged to add cell phone numbers and personal email addresses to the system. Adding your cell phone will allow the receipt of emergency text and voice messages, in addition to an email.
1. Sign in to your D2L home page
2. Click “HERE” in the Emergency Alert Login box (clicking on this link will open a new tab)
3. Click “Request a Password”
4. Use your D2L email address to reset or create a password (email@example.com). An email will be sent with a link to create a password.
5. Once a password is entered, you will have access to add phone numbers and personal email addresses.
Adding Personal Email Addresses and Cell Phone Numbers
1. Confirm you are on the Email/Phone tab
2. Add personal email addresses in the top section (your primary email address is your D2L address and cannot be changed or deleted).
3. Add cell phones in the bottom section to receive texts and voice alerts.
* The college reserves the right to use this system in the future for general notifications and announcements as well as emergency alerts. Students will always have access (with username and password) to make changes to their personal email and cell phone selections.
Eyewitness-Public Safety and Security Anonymous Hotline
The phone number is 803-268-2626. This hotline provides students, faculty and staff an anonymous number to report any information they have witnessed, observed or know of that may threaten the safety and security of anyone on campus. If you call, you are not required to leave any contact information unless you wish. The hotline is checked daily, Monday-Friday.
Contact Us: 803.535.1336