Looking for extra help with your college-level classes?
The Student Success Center provides a network of instructional support services, all of which are designed to help you achieve your academic goals:
- Tutoring by peers
- Study group assistance
- Academic and study skills workshops
Walk-in tutoring services are available for you!
What can you expect from tutoring?
- Professional and peer tutors who act as coaches to facilitate your learning
- Guidance in identifying issues with assignments, skills and learning styles
- Explanations for areas of confusion in the subject matter
- Support for developing independence as a learner
What are your responsibilities for tutoring?
- Preparation for the tutoring session - bring necessary materials
- A positive attitude
- An understanding that the work is your responsibility, not the tutor’s
- Independent effort to complete the work
What tutoring CANNOT provide:
- A tutor who will do or complete the work for you
- Help with every question and homework assignment
- A perfected final product
- A guaranteed grade