Location: Second floor of the Gressette Learning Resource Center, Building B, Room 245.
- Paycashier in Building S or pay by phone at 803.535.1211.
- No checks accepted.
|Accuplacer/Next Generation (OCtech Students only) (Practice Accuplacer)||8:30 – 4:00 Monday – Thursday||$25.00 Retest See Admissions Office|
|(Non-OCtech Students)||8:30 – 2:00 Monday, Thursday||$50.00|
|ASE – Automotive Service Excellence||9:00 – 4:00 Monday, Thursday||Register/ Pay on Prometric website – Call TC for appointment|
|GED - General Educational Development||9:00 – 4:00 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday||Register/ Pay on Pearson Vue website|
|Make-Up Exams (OCtech students only)||8:30 - 4:00 Monday – Thursday||Free|
|MAT – Miller Analogies Test||9:00 – 2:00 Monday - Thursday||$110|
|MSSC – Manufacturing Skill Standards Council||9:00 Monday, Thursday||$50.00|
|NCCT – National Center for Competency Testing||9:00 1st Tuesday, 1st Wednesday each month||$50.00 Proctor fee for Non-OCtech students ONLY.|
|NCCER – National Center for Construction Education Research||9:00 – 4:00 Monday, Thursday||$100.00|
|TASC – Test Assessing Secondary Completion||9:00 – 4:00 Thursday||Contact Adult Education 803.535.1321|
|TEAS – Test of Essential Academic Skills||1:30 Tuesday||$85.00|
WorkKeys (Learn more about WorkKeys here)
9:00 – 2:00 Monday - Thursday
- Pay cashier in Building S or pay by phone at 803.535.1211.
- No checks accepted.
- OCtech Testing Center offers make-up testing as space and time allow Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00p.m. (No students are seated for exams after 4:00 pm).
- Cell phones, watches, electronic devices, and personal items brought to the Testing Center must be stored in a designated area. The student must turn his/her cell phone OFF (Not on Vibrate). OCtech is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged cell phones or other items left in vehicles or brought to the Testing Center.
- OCtech Testing Center does not allow backpacks, purses, cell phones, head wraps, hats, scarfs, watches, earbuds, headphones, clanging jewelry, electronic devices, or any other unauthorized items in the testing area. The student must place such things in an assigned locker or other designated area until he/she is ready to leave the center.
- OCtech is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items brought into the Testing Center.
- Children, visitors, food or drinks are not allowed in the Testing Center. OCtech does not permit unattended children in any campus facility and assumes no responsibility for the supervision of children on campus.
- OCtech is a smoke-free campus.
- Fee: $50.00 per exam. The student must present proof of payment and a valid picture ID to the proctor on duty before testing.
- Non-OCtech exams are proctored Monday and Thursday 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Instructor must provide Scantron answer sheets (as needed) for his/her exam.
- Email passwords for internet test(s) to email@example.com. The student must be able to access his or her test on the computer. Completed exams will be scanned and emailed to the instructor within (3) business days. The Testing Center will accept a maximum of 15 pages per exam sent via email.
- Mail hardcopy/paper exams by traceable means (UPS/FedEx) to OCtech Testing Center c/o Mary Rhodes 3250 St. Matthews Road, Orangeburg, SC 29118; include a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope (UPS/FedEx). OCtech’s proctor will mail the exam within (3) business days once the exam is completed.
- The instructor must provide precise written instructions to the Testing Center for each test. Otherwise, the proctor will allow unlimited time on the exam with no resources to the student such as books, calculators, or notes.
Faculty Hardcopy Tests:
- Deliver make-up test (at least one day before the exam date) to the Testing Center in an envelope (9x12 preferred) or a folder Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Include a completed test cover sheet. Click here for Cover Sheet.
- Provide precise written instructions to the Testing Center for each exam. Otherwise, the proctor will allow unlimited time on the exam with no resources to the student such as books, calculators, or notes.
- Do not allow students to transport tests. Completed tests will remain in the Testing Center until picked up by the instructor or other designated staff member. The Testing Center does not accept any extra documents to give to the instructor or the student.
- The instructor must provide Scantron answer sheets (as needed) for his/her exam.
Faculty On-line Tests:
Deliver test password in person, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each student must know how to access his/her exam on the computer.
- Make-up testing is strictly for students who miss class on the day than an instructor administers the exam in the classroom.
- The Testing Center does not offer group testing for make-up exams.
- The Testing Center does not allow the instructor to seat a student for his/her exam.
The Testing Center is authorized to dismiss an examinee from testing for any of the following reasons:
- Failing to turn off a cell phone
- Attempting to take a test for someone else
- Giving or receiving assistance of any kind
- Using notes, books, calculators or other testing aids without permission
- Attempting to remove test questions and/or responses (in any format) from the testing room
- Leaving the testing area without permission before the exam is completed
- Exhibiting confrontational, threatening or unruly behavior
If a student has a documented need for nonstandard test administration, please contact the Advising Center at 803.535.1224.
All exams require a valid picture ID before testing; some exams may require two forms of ID.