The Testing Center is on the second floor of the Gressette Learning Resource Center, Building B, Room 245. Our goal is to:
- Provide support to students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Offer a student-friendly, academically secure, professional place of business for all examinees.
- Promote honesty, confidentiality and fair practices to all who make use of our services.
- Testing Hours
Our staff is well-trained to administer all exams to help examinees achieve optimum test results. Test takers can register, pay and make appointments for some exams online (prices may vary per exam).
ASE (National Institute for Automotive Excellence) - By appointment only.
MAT (Miller Analogies Test) $100 MAT Information
NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research) $95
NCCT (National Center for Competency Testing) $35
TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) $75
GED (General Educational Development) register here
TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion) register here
Distance Learning Proctored Exams (non-OCtech students) $35 per exam
Reading for Information* $15
Applied Mathematics* $15
Locating Information* $15
Applied Technology $15
Workplace Observation $25
*needed to receive National Career Readiness Certificate
Important Testing Information
- Pay cashier in Building S or pay by phone at 803.535.1211.
- No checks accepted.
- A valid picture ID is required before testing.
- No food, drinks or prohibited testing aids allowed in the Testing Center.
- All cell phones and personal belongings must be left in your vehicle or locked in a designated locker. OCtech is not responsible for theft or damage to cell phones or personal belongings.
- All paper, pencils, locker keys or any other testing aids provided must be returned before leaving the Testing Center.
- Children and visitors are not allowed to wait in the Testing Center while examinees are testing.
- Walk-in testing is available on a first-come, first-served basis, as space and time allow. Walk-in exams include: ACCUPLACER, TEAS, WorkKeys and MAT.
- The last exam is administered 2 to 3 hours prior to closing, depending on which exam is requested (please speak with the Testing Center staff for more information about time allotments for each exam).
- Video and audio recording may be done at any time.
Instructors are responsible for providing precise, written instructions to the Testing Center for all tests administered in the center. Hard copy tests must be sent to the Testing Center by traceable means (i.e., UPS) with a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope. Exams will be mailed back to instructors within two business days after they are completed.
- The Testing Center staff will not print tests to administer to students.
- A fee will apply for each test.
- Passwords for online exams may be emailed or faxed to the Testing Center.
Faculty Guidelines for Testing Center
- Faculty Guidelines for Make-up Testing
- A completed Test Cover Sheet is required for each test. This form is available online and in the Testing Center.
- It is the instructor's responsibility to inform students when the test will be available in the Testing Center, as well as what materials are allowed and required.
- Tests submitted without instructions will be treated as “Closed book, no notes” and the time will be unlimited.
- Only instructors or department administrative assistants may deliver exams. We will not accept exams that are faxed, emailed or delivered by students.
- We do not accept take-home tests, homework or any type of hand-outs to be turned in to the instructor.
- If a staff member observes a student cheating on any quiz or test, all testing and unauthorized materials will be confiscated. The instructor will be notified immediately.
- If a special answer sheet or Scantron sheet is needed, please include it with the test.
- We provide pencils and scratch paper to students as needed.
- We will not make additional copies of the exam. Instructors must provide the appropriate number of exams so that each student has his/her own exam.
- The Testing Center will ensure that students have the appropriate amount of time to complete their testing. If an instructor indicates on the test cover sheet that students should have 3 hours to complete an exam; students will be permitted to begin the exam no later than 3 hours before closing.
- Please remind students that children are not permitted in the Testing Center.
The Testing Center is authorized to dismiss an examinee from testing for any of the following reasons:
- Failing to turn off a cell phone
- Attempting to take a test for someone else
- Giving or receiving assistance of any kind
- Using notes, books, calculators or other testing aids without permission
- Attempting to remove test questions and/or responses (in any format) from the testing room
- Leaving the testing area without permission before the exam is completed
- Exhibiting confrontational, threatening or unruly behavior
If a student has a documented need for nonstandard test administration, please contact the Advising Center at 803.535.1224.