Katie Haigler, Center Manager
Marilyn Pickering, Counselor
Natasha Grigg, Recruitment Counselor
Brandi Mintz, Administrative Assistant
Looking for extra help with your college-level classes?
The Academic Success & Career Center provides a network of instructional support services, all of which are designed to help you achieve your academic goals:
- Tutoring by peers
- Study group assistance
- Academic and study-skills workshops
Walk-in Tutoring Services are available for you!
- What can you expect from tutoring?
- Professional and peer tutors who act as coaches to facilitate your learning
- Guidance in identifying issues with assignments, skills, learning styles
- Explanations for areas of confusion in the subject matter
- Support for developing independence as a learner
What are your responsibilities for tutoring?
- Preparation for the tutoring session; bring necessary materials
- A positive attitude
- An understanding that the work is your responsibility, not the tutor’s
- Independent effort to complete the work
What tutoring cannot provide:
- A tutor who will do, or complete, the work for you
- Help with every question and homework assignment
- A perfected final product
- A guaranteed grade
Hours: Monday-Thursday: 8:00am-7:00pm & Friday: 8:00am-1:30pm
Location: Building S - Tourville Lab - Room 201
Contact Information: 803.535.1347 or ASCC@octech.edu