Change of Name or Address:
It is the obligation of every student to notify the Student Records Office in the Student Services Center of any change in name or address. A picture I.D. is required in order to make such a change. Failure to make this required change may cause serious complications in the handling of student records, tuition and communication with the College in general. Request Change of Name or Address Form
The College Registrar maintains a transcript for each student’s academic record. This shows courses taken and credits earned by the student while attending OCtech and is updated accordingly each semester. All transcript requests must be made at our online request site by the student. Student transcripts are processed at least twice per week (except during peak times such as end of term, registration, etc.) upon receipt of an online request and payment for each transcript to be issued. All debts owed to the College must be paid before a student transcript is released from Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College.
Request a Transcript
or Request Test Results
Confidential Treatment of Student Academic Records:
The privacy and confidentiality of all official student records shall be preserved at OCtech in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. Each student has the right to inspect and challenge the accuracy of his/her records.
Enrollment Certification/Degree Verification:
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse as our agent for enrollment certifications and degree verifications for current students, former students and graduates of the college. There is no charge for this service, and currently enrolled students may access enrollment information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by logging on to www.enrollmentverify.org.
Student enrollment information will be updated to the Clearinghouse each month. Students are reminded that status changes (full-time to part-time or complete withdrawal) after your enrollment certification has been obtained, may impact eligibility for matters that require full-time enrollment. If you have any questions, please contact a member of the Student Records Staff. Enrollment Verification Request
Employers, insurance companies, housing agencies and agencies that you have authorized to perform background checks on your records, may obtain degree verifications at anytime at www.degreeverify.org.
Third party agencies may not access your academic information without your expressed written consent.
Disclosure of Student Academic Records:
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College will disclose information from a student’s academic record only with the written consent of the student. Exceptions to disclosure without student consent include the following:
1. To college officials who have a legitimate educational interest in the records. College officials include any person employed in an administrative, supervisory, support staff or faculty position; an Area Commission member; a person employed under contract to Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College to perform a special task such as an auditor or attorney. A college official has a legitimate educational interest if the official is: performing a task that is specified in his or her position description or contract agreement, performing a task related to a student’s education, performing a task related to the discipline of a student, or providing a service or benefit relating to the student or student’s family, such as health care, counseling, job placement or financial.
2. To agents acting on behalf of the institution (e.g., clearinghouses, degree/enrollment verifiers).
3. To certain officials of the U. S. Department of Education, the Comptroller General and state and local education authorities in connection with various state or federally supported education programs.
4. In connection with a student’s request for financial aid as necessary to determine eligibility, amount, or conditions of the financial aid, or to enforce the terms and conditions of the aid.
5. To organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College.
6. To accrediting organizations to carry out their functions.
7. To the parents of an eligible student who claim the student as a dependent for income tax purposes.
8. To comply with a judicial order or a lawfully issued subpoena.
9. To appropriate parties in a health or safety emergency.
10. Directory information such as name, address, telephone number and enrollment status.
11. The results of any disciplinary proceeding conducted by Orangeburg- Calhoun Technical College against an alleged perpetrator of a crime of violence to the alleged victim of that crime.
12. To anyone if a health or safety emergency exists and the information will assist in resolving the emergency.
13. To an alleged victim of a crime of violence of the results of a disciplinary hearing regarding the alleged perpetrator of that crime with respect to that crime.
14. To anyone requesting the final results of a disciplinary hearing against an alleged perpetrator of a crime of violence or non-forcible sex offense (Foley Amendment).
15. To the Immigration and Naturalization Service for purposes of the Coordinated Interagency Partnership Regulating International Students.
16. To military recruiters who request “Student Recruiting Information” for recruiting purposes only (Solomon Amendment). Recruiting Information includes name, address, telephone listing, age or year of birth, level of education and major.
17. The Internal Revenue Service for the purposes of complying with the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997.
18. To authorized representatives of the Department of Veterans Affairs for students receiving educational assistance from the agency.
such as name, address, telephone number, major, participation in recognized activities, attendance dates, degrees/awards received, and most recent school attended is not released to any commercial concerns. However, the College may disclose any of those items without prior written consent to those organizations the College deems responsible for promoting achievements of the student and organizations charged with verifying information provided by the student for employment reasons unless notified in writing by the student to the contrary by the end of the second week of class each term (or first meeting of Continuing Education courses). Requests should be directed to the College Registrar.
Student Review of Academic Records:
Students may inspect and review their educational records upon written request to the Vice President of Student Services at Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College. The request should identify as precisely as possible, the record(s) he/she desires to inspect. The Vice President of Student Services will notify the Registrar who will make the necessary arrangements for access as promptly as possible. The student must be given access to inspect and review educational records within 45 days of the day the College received the request for access. The Dean of Students will notify the student of the time and location where the records may be inspected.
OCtech reserves the right to refuse student inspection and review of the following records:
1. The financial statement of the student’s parent(s).
2. Confidential letters and recommendations placed in the files prior to January 1, 1975 or letters and statements of recommendations placed after January 1, 1975 in which the student has waived his or her right to inspect and review statements that are related to the student’s admission, application for employment, job placement, or receipt of honors.
3. Educational records that contain information about more than one student; however, the College will permit access to the portion of the record which only pertains to the inquiring student.
4. Disciplinary records.
OCtech retains the right to deny a student a copy of his/her academic records in the following instances:
1. The student has an unpaid financial obligation to the College.
2. There is an unresolved disciplinary action against the student.