Be a Part of TRiO
How To Join The SSS Team
Apply! SSS serves 200 Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College students each year by providing them with academic, social, and cultural support throughout college. This is a voluntary support service; thus, only by returning a completed application in a timely fashion do you have the opportunity to secure a place in the program. By applying to SSS, you will be taking a giant step toward assuring your success at Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College.
Download the Trio Application Here: Trio Application
What are the eligibility requirements to be a part of SSS?
Student Support Service programs are designed to serve undergraduate college students who meet specific program requirements. To be eligible for admission to program, students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate Financial need. If you’re like most students and you qualify for financial aid then you may meet these requirements.
- First Generation College Student: First generation college students are defined as those whose parents or legal guardians have not completed a Bachelor’s degree (neither father, mother, nor legal guardian(s) has graduated from a four-year institution).
- Disability: Disability refers to students with a physical or mental impairment which limits a major life activity. This includes learning disabilities.
If I am admitted into the SSS program, what are my responsibilities as a participant?
- Successfully complete an SSS Orientation.
- Meet with your assigned SSS staff member at least three times a semester.
- Attendance to at least three workshops, complete Financial Literacy workshop, and attend at least one cultural event or fieldtrip.
- Be proactive and ask for help when you need it.