Welcome to Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College. Below are the major traffic and parking rules enforced on campus.
Code of the State of South Carolina 1976 Section 56-21-10 through 56-21-60, as amended. The Vehicle Traffic and Parking Regulations of Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College.
The Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College’s Campus Safety and Security Department has power to enforce all state, county and institutional laws and policies.
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College’s Traffic and Parking Regulations apply to the drivers of all vehicles on the property owned, leased or otherwise controlled by Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College (referred to hereafter as OCtech’s campus).
- All South Carolina state laws and Orangeburg County laws apply on OCtech’s campus unless specifically superseded by OCtech’s regulation.
- The Orangeburg County court has jurisdiction over all traffic controllers.
- All posted traffic signs and signals must be obeyed.
- Uniform state and OCtech’s citations will be issued to violators.
- Traffic, parking and registration violations may be paid at the Information Desk, Building S. Fines must be paid in order to be eligible for graduation, to receive grades at the end of the semester or to obtain a transcript.
- OCtech assumes no responsibility for any vehicle or its contents.
- Students must park in the areas designated for student parking. Cars parked in any other area than the space provided for student parking will be towed at owner’s expense. Cars are to be parking facing the curbing. Please do not back cars into parking spaces.
- Vehicle traffic on campus between the hours of 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. is restricted.
- Vehicle accidents on campus must be reported to Campus Safety and Security office immediately.
- Pedestrians always have the right of way.
All vehicles of faculty/staff and students regularly or occasionally driven on campus must be registered with the OCtech’s Department of Campus Public Safety and Security. Temporary parking permits are issued for any reasonable need.
- Vehicles operated by students, full-time or part-time, must be registered to avoid parking fines. Vehicles should be registered at the time of class registration. Registration during the semester may be processed at the Information Desk in Building S.
- Identifying decals or visitors passes must be displayed as directed.
- Vehicle registrants are responsible for all non-moving and parking violations on campus.
- The following speed limits apply to OCtech’s campus: Road: 20 MPH Parking Area: 15 MPH
- No vehicle shall be parked between Buildings I & J and L & N unless the vehicle contains a work order or some other sign indicated that work is being performed. If vehicles are parked in this area without this identification, the vehicle will be ticketed. If not removed within 48 hours, these vehicles will be towed at owner’s expense.
- Fast take off or loud music/mufflers are not tolerated on campus.
- Parking, standing, loading and unloading are prohibited on yellow curbs and where posted.
- Vehicles are not allowed to park or stand in a lane of traffic except to avoid an accident.
TOWING AND IMPOUNDMENT
Vehicles may be towed and impounded at owner’s risk and expense if:
- The vehicle is blocking a fire lane.
- The vehicle is blocking another vehicle’s lane, driveway or service entrance.
- The vehicle is parked in a restricted area.
- Three or more outstanding traffic and/or parking citations have been issued against the vehicle.
- The vehicle is creating a safety hazard in the opinion of the security officer.
- All decals must be displayed as directed.
- Vehicle decals should be removed upon expiration, or when recipients or OCtech status changes.
It is our sincere wish that your time on Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College’s campus be accident-free and violation-free. We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment that is conductive to learning.