We are working remotely and by appointment, but we’re always here to help.
Using the Qless system helps us help you faster. Get in the “Q” and there is no waiting in line or wasting time on hold. Pick the department you want to contact, and we will call you. We will even text you before we call.
- Services available with Qless:
Drop/Add, Change of Major
- For an on-campus appointment only, use our appointment calendar.
Classes are scheduled to begin August 17 – both online and on campus.
- Online courses are taught 100% via the internet with digital tools for live instruction, tutoring and academic support.
- Hybrid courses have a blend of online education and traditional classroom instruction.
Applying to OCtech is easy and free – just follow the step on our Admissions page.
Get the OCtech Mobile App
- Check your grades
- Search and register for classes
- Pay your bill
- Explore our campus
- Contact faculty and staff
- Connect with us on social media and so much more!
(First time users will need to create an account in Connect. Please see Connect to My Accounts below.)
Wi-Fi access is available for free on our campus.
- Enter the campus through the gate from Cook Road (across from the Regional Medical Center Emergency Department entrance).
- Park in the lot behind Buildings S and K. Please note that there will be no access to campus buildings.
- Wi-Fi access is available Monday through Thursday from 8am to 6pm.
Other Wi-Fi resources are listed on the SC Department of Education website here.
All OCtech programs require a computer in order to complete coursework. On-campus and hybrid classes require a laptop computer. Students may purchase a laptop computer from the OCtech Bookstore or provide their own. Students may use financial aid or scholarship funds for laptops purchased from the bookstore. Students are also encouraged to purchase a support package, extended warranties and/or accidental coverage for their device.
The bookstore stocks three different models of laptops.
- All models are OCtech compliant with classroom requirements.
- Some programs recommend at least the middle tier laptop stocked by the OCtech bookstore.
- Engineering Design Technology (EDT) students: due to the size of the graphics programs used in computer design, the EDT program recommends the top tier computer.
If you already own a computer, it must:
- have a USB port;
- be capable of adding a second browser, such as Chrome, Edge or Firefox;
- be capable of playing, downloading and recording audio and video;
- be capable of downloading a free Office 365 license provided by OCtech.
Microsoft Office 365:
Microsoft Office 365 offers the latest Microsoft Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. This is free to use for OCtech students and includes cloud storage. More information and download links can be found in your D2L account.
Students are encouraged to contact instructors if they have any issues, questions or need assistance accessing online course materials.
Connect to My Accounts
First Time Users
Connect is our online self-service portal where you can check your application and financial aid status, view your classes and adjust your schedule, and much more. It is also where you can pay your tuition and fees. If you are new to Connect, you can view a video on how to get started on our Tutorial Videos page.
Learning Management System
OCtech uses Desire2Learn (D2L) for our learning management system. If you are new to online classes, refer to our D2L page for more helpful information.
Book Store Hours:
- Monday -Thursday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
(The Bookstore will be closed for inventory Tuesday, June 30.),
- Students receiving any type of Financial Aid may begin charging on Tuesday, May 26 – Thursday, June 18.
Social distancing and all other guidelines set by the CDC will be observed.
- August 3 – Pay tuition in full to avoid schedule cancellation & late fee
- August 4 – Late Registration Begins & Late Fees Apply for FALL 2020
- August 12 – Deadline for students to register & pay tuition in full
- August 12 – NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
- Fall courses are tentatively set to begin on campus and online August 17
- August 17 -21 – Late Registration & Schedule Changes – LAST WEEK TO ADJUST FALL FULL SEMESTER SCHEDULE