All summer courses at OCtech will be either online or hybrid.
- Online courses are taught 100% via the internet.
- Hybrid courses have a blend of online education and traditional classroom instruction.
- Classes will begin June 1 with online instruction. Classes requiring hands-on instruction will tentatively integrate to on-campus labs in July.
Applying to OCtech is easy and free – just follow the step on our Admissions page.
Get the OCtech Mobile App
- Check your grades
- Search and register for classes
- Pay your bill
- Explore our campus
- Contact faculty and staff
- Connect with us on social media and so much more!
(First time users will need to create an account in Connect. Please see Connect to My Accounts below.)
Wi-Fi access is available for free on our campus.
- Enter the campus through the gate from Cook Road (across from the Regional Medical Center Emergency Department entrance).
- Park in the lot behind Buildings S and K. Please note that there will be no access to campus buildings.
- Wi-Fi access is available Monday through Thursday from 8am to 6pm.
Other Wi-Fi resources are listed on the SC Department of Education website here.
Online classes require a computer in order to complete coursework. Students may purchase a laptop computer from the OCtech Bookstore or provide their own device. A laptop may be purchased using financial aid or scholarship funds. Students are also encouraged to purchase a support package, extended warranties and/or accidental coverage for their device.
If you have your own computer, it must:
- have a USB port
- be capable of adding a second browser, such as Chrome, Edge or Firefox.
- be capable of downloading a free Office 365 license provided by OCtech.
- be capable of playing and recording audio and video.
Students are encouraged to contact instructors if they have any issues, questions or need assistance accessing online course materials.
Connect to My Accounts
First Time Users
Connect is our online self-service portal where you can check your application and financial aid status, view your classes and adjust your schedule, and much more. It is also where you can pay your tuition and fees. If you are new to Connect, you can view a video on how to get started on our Tutorial Videos page.
Learning Management System
OCtech uses Desire2Learn (D2L) for our learning management system. If you are new to online classes, refer to our D2L page for more helpful information.
Book Store Hours:
- Monday, May 18 – Thursday May 21, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Book Buy Back
Monday, May 18 – Wednesday, May 20, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Monday, May 25: Normal Hours Resume
- Monday -Thursday, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
(The Bookstore will also open Friday, May 29, 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM to accommodate for the start of summer classes.)
Students receiving any type of Financial Aid may begin charging on Tuesday, May 26 – Thursday, June 18.
Social distancing and all other guidelines set by the CDC will be observed.
Payments can be made through your OCtech Connect account.
For students who wish to pay by check or cash ONLY, the information/cashier desk at the main entrance in S Building will be staffed from:
- Wednesday, May 20; 9:00-1:00
- Thursday, May 21; 1:00-5:00
- Friday, May 29; 9:00-1:00
Payments can also be mailed to the following address:
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College
Attn: Kara Gunter
3250 St. Matthews Rd
Orangeburg, SC 29118
- April 20 – Registration for summer and fall classes begins
- May 27 – All tuition payments are due
- June 1 – Full-term and Mini-session I classes begin
- June 5 – Last day to add or drop a class
- July 6 – Mini-session II classes begin
- Fall courses are tentatively set to begin on campus and online August 17