DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: Teach EMT courses by providing systematically planned and delivered instruction.
- Teaching Performance: Conducts classroom, clinical, and laboratory instruction using systematically planned and delivered instruction for courses.
- Instructional Development and Management: Reviews, evaluates, and revises course objectives, instructional materials and course outlines on a continuing basis. Designs new courses as needed for the program.
- Maintains records of student academic progress and attendance: evaluates level of achievement and assigns grades for courses.
- Academic Advisement: Serves as academic advisor to students and participates in student recruitment and development.
- Professional Development: Participates in professional development activities to improve teaching competence and to stay current in teaching field.
- College and Community Service: Serves on college committees and participates in college’s marketing effort.
- Bachelor’s degree, with completed anatomy and physiology courses
- National Registered Paramedic, current and in good standing
- SC DHEC credentialed instructor, authorized to teach specific levels of EMT courses. Ability to obtain paramedic instructor credentials.
- Certified instructor for the following areas: CPR, ACLS, Trauma, Pediatrics
- At least one (1) year teaching experience
- Three (3) years active field experience as a paramedic
Teaching experience in higher education
DEPARTMENT: Healthcare Preparation & Workforce
LOCATION: 3250 ST. MATTHEWS ROAD, ORANGEBURG, SC 29118
SALARY: Commensurate with Education and Experience
CLASS: UE03 SLOT: 0002 POSITION: 020528
OPENING DATE: 05/24/2021 CLOSING DATE: open until filled
TYPE OF POSITION: Fulltime, FTE