LPN to ADN Flex and Transition Program
About the Program
Options to complete our Associate Degree Nursing program in one year are available to current licensed practical nurses. The selection of our FLEX or Transition options should be based on your self-assessment and after consultation with the program coordinator and dean. Your work experience and comments by LPNs who have recently completed the ADN program should also be considered. Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) in order to be designated as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Special Admissions Requirements
PLEASE READ THE “ADMISSIONS OVERVIEW”: ADN Transition and Flex Admissions Overview
- If you need to take any of the courses requirements listed in the Overview, you can start those now. Visit our Health Science and Nursing Prep page for more information.
- Due to the limited availability of slots in these programs, admission is competitive.
- OCtech seeks to identify students who can achieve at an appropriate level in the curriculum and diversity among its student population.
Admission is contingent on successful completion of:
- Satisfactory performance on identified clinical skills.
- 80% proficiency on drug calculations.
- ATI RN Fundamentals exam with a level two or higher.
Health Information Program
Note: To receive an application for this program, you must first complete a Health Information Program (HIP).
VIRTUAL HIP SESSION:
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- The HIP session requires applicants’ undivided attention. Please do not schedule any other work/activities during the HIP session.
Date Time Registration Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Monday, June 14, 2021 10:00 a.m.
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Thursday, July 8, 2021
Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
ONLINE HIP SESSION:
Online HIP sessions are also available. Use this link to access session: Online Health Information Program
Explore registered nursing careers at CareerOneStop.
The Associate Degree Nursing program at Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College located in Orangeburg, SC is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Associate Degree Nursing program is Continuing Accreditation.
Next Reaffirmation Spring 2027.
|Graduation Rate||First Time RN Board Pass Rate||Program Completions Rate||Job Placement|
Meet a Graduate
"It was good to be in a program where everybody was already a nurse. You could relate to each other. And the classes were small, so that one-on-one attention was really helpful, too."