About the Certificate
The Mammography Certificate program is a one semester advanced imaging program for registered radiologic technologists or students preparing to graduate from an accredited associate degree in radiology program.
Technologists working in mammography use low-dose x-rays to help identify masses and other abnormalities in and around the breast. Mammographers must be highly accurate in their positioning and exposure techniques in order to optimize the image and maintain radiation safety standards. These images, called mammograms, aid physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease.
Students will be required to submit copies of the following as part of the admissions process:
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License or Birth Certificate
- Current ARRT card and SCRQSA card
- A Criminal Background Check
- Current 10 panel Drug Screening,
- Proof of current CPR certification
- 2 step TB (PPD) test
- Chickenpox vaccination/titer
- MMR vaccinations
- Hepatitis B vaccinations
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (TDAP) vaccinations
- A recent Physical and Health Form, provided by the College, are required before entering the Mammography clinical education centers.
Applicants must be registered and in good standing with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiography. New registry eligible applicant acceptance is contingent upon passing the ARRT exam within one month of graduation. Applicants preparing to graduate from an Associate Degree Radiology program must submit a letter of recommendation from their current program coordinator stating that they are in good academic standing in order to be considered for acceptance.
Please review carefully: Mammography Admissions Overview
Graduates of the program are eligible to take the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Mammography exam.
Explore mammography careers at CareerOneStop.
The program goals are:
- The student will possess problem solving and critical thinking abilities needed to function in the changing healthcare environment.
- The student will demonstrate academic and technical competence as an entry-level Mammographer.
- The student will communicate effectively.
- The student will demonstrate professional attitudes, behavior and ethics in the clinical and virtual environment