Practical Nursing Diploma
About the Diploma
Learn basic health science and the technical skills necessary to care for patients with common medical conditions. Work under the guidance of a registered nurse or physician in a variety of healthcare settings. Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN) in order to be designated as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Please see our special admissions requirements.
Special Admissions Requirements
- PLEASE READ THE “ADMISSIONS OVERVIEW”: PN Admissions Overview
- If you need to take any of the courses requirements listed in the Overview, you can start those now. Visit our Health Science and Nursing Prep page for more information.
- Due to the limited availability of slots in these programs, admission is competitive.
- OCtech seeks to identify students who can achieve at an appropriate level in the curriculum and diversity among its student population.
Health Information Program
Note:To receive an application for this program, you must first complete a Health Information Program (HIP).
VIRTUAL HIP SESSION:
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- The HIP session requires applicants’ undivided attention. Please do not schedule any other work/activities during the HIP session.
|Wednesday, June 2, 2021||12:00 p.m.|
|Monday, June 14, 2021||10:00 a.m.|
|Wednesday, June 30, 2021||2:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, July 8, 2021||6:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, July 13, 2021||10:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday, July 27, 2021||4:00 p.m.|
ONLINE HIP SESSION:
Online HIP sessions are also available. Use this link to access session: Online Health Information Program
This program requires the use of a laptop computer.
Students may purchase one from the OCtech Bookstore or provide their own device. A laptop may be purchased using financial aid or scholarship funds. Students are also encouraged to purchase a support package, extended warranties and/or accidental coverage for their device.
If you have your own laptop, it must
• have a USB port
• be capable of adding a second browser, such as Chrome, Edge or Firefox
• be capable of downloading a free Office 365 license provided by OCtech
• be capable of playing and recording audio and video
Explore licensed practical nursing careers at CareerOneStop
The Practical Nursing program at Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College located in Orangeburg, SC is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Associate Degree Nursing program is Continuing Accreditation.
Next Reaffirmation Spring 2027.
|Academic Year||Graduation Rate||First Time PN Board Pass Rate||Program Completion Rate||SBTCE Job Placement Rate (includes students pursuing higher education)||ACEN Job Placement Rate (excludes students pursuing higher education)|
|16-17||60.94%||100%||60.94%||96.23% (reported in 17-18)||89%|
|17-18||73.85%||91.67%||73.85%||100% (reported in |
|18-19||93.33%||93.55%||93.33%||93.33% (reported in 19-20)||75%|
To review accreditation status, please visit the OCtech Program Accreditation/Approval page.
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College will host a site visit for continuing accreditation of its Practical Nursing program by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
You are invited to meet with the site visit team and share your comments about the program in person at a meeting scheduled:
September 18, 2019 at 4:00 pm
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College
3250 St. Matthews Road
Orangeburg, SC 29118
Building C, Room 118.
Written comments are welcome and should be submitted directly to:
Dr. Marsal Stoll, Chief Executive Officer Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road Northeast, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All written comments should be received by ACEN by August 31, 2019
Meet a Graduate
"This program is stellar, and I definitely feel like it prepared me for my next steps. Schools like OCtech provide an opportunity for people who may not be able to get an education otherwise. All of my instructors were instrumental in shaping who I am as a nurse today."