Professional Truck Driving
About the Certificate
Classroom instruction, media-based learning and hands-on guidance prepare you for the S.C. Commercial Driver’s License exam. Enter a growing field with competitive employment opportunities and wages. Please see our special admissions requirements.
Students are required to sign a program contract, which includes the wearing of appropriate safety-related apparel. The following items are not provided and must be purchased by the student:
- 2 uniform shirts
- 1 log book ruler
- Shoes with closed heels and toes, preferably boots or sneakers.
- Current Copy of your South Carolina Driver’s License
- Current official 10 year driver record obtainable from your local SCDMV
- Current SLED catch results (which can be obtained online at www.sled.sc.gov)
- Workkeys assessment scores less than 5 years old from date of enrollment
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records
- Ability to pass the Department of Transportation physical and drug screen with a minimum of 20/40 vision in each eye with or without corrective lenses, and no defects or diseases that would interfere with safely operating the equipment used throughout the training
- Completion of TDR 101 is a requirement prior to attending TDR 102 and TDR 103
OCtech Title VI Program Policy Statement
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College (OCtech) gives public notice of its’ policy to uphold and assure full compliance with the non-discrimination requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related Nondiscrimination authorities. Title VI and related Nondiscrimination
authorities stipulate that no person in the United States of America shall on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, income level or Limited English Proficiency be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
Any person who desires more information regarding OCtech’s Title VI Program can contact its Title VI Coordinator, Dr. Sandra S. Davis at the address noted below. Any person who believes they have, individually or as a member of any specific class of persons, been subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, income level or Limited English Proficiency has the right to file a formal complaint. Any such
complaint must be in writing and submitted within 180 days following the date of the alleged occurrence to:
Dr. Sandra S. Davis
Vice President for Student Services
Title VI Program Coordinator
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College
3250 St. Matthews Road
Orangeburg, South Carolina 29118
Explore truck driving careers at CareerOneStop.
Meet a Graduate
"OCtech's Professional Truck Driver Training program helped me get more than just a job - it gave me a new outlook on life. My bills are paid for and I can give back to my family. Going to OCtech was the best decision I could have ever made."