Professional Truck Driving
About the Certificate
Classroom instruction, media-based learning and hands-on guidance prepare you for the S.C. Commercial Driver’s License exam. Enter a growing field with competitive employment opportunities and wages. Please see our special admissions requirements.
Students are required to sign a program contract, which includes the wearing of appropriate safety-related apparel. The following items are not provided and must be purchased by the student:
- 2 uniform shirts
- 1 log book ruler
- Shoes with closed heels and toes, preferably boots or sneakers.
- Current Copy of your South Carolina Driver’s License
- Current official 10 year driver record obtainable from your local SCDMV
- Current SLED catch results (which can be obtained online at www.sled.sc.gov)
- Workkeys assessment scores less than 5 years old from date of enrollment
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written
- Ability to pass the Department of Transportation physical and drug screen with a minimum of 20/40 vision in each eye with or without corrective lenses, and no defects or diseases that would interfere with safely operating the equipment used throughout the training
- Completion of TDR 101 is a requirement prior to attending TDR 102 and TDR 103
Explore truck driving careers at CareerOneStop.
Meet a Graduate
"OCtech's Professional Truck Driver Training program helped me get more than just a job - it gave me a new outlook on life. My bills are paid for and I can give back to my family. Going to OCtech was the best decision I could have ever made."