Radiologic Technology – Associate Degree
About the Program
Take what you learn in the classroom and apply it in clinical settings as you assist radiologists in examining patients for diseases or injuries by using radiographic equipment. With additional education, this program can be a stepping stone for prosperous careers in the related allied health professions, including radiation therapy, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, education, management, special procedures, computed tomography, mammography and magnetic resonance imaging.
Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the official registry exam given by the the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Upon passing the exam, they are entitled to use the abbreviation RT(R) (ARRT) following their name, which means Registered Radiographer.
Special Admissions Requirements
NOTE: This programs begins only in the fall semester.
- PLEASE READ THE “ADMISSIONS OVERVIEW”: RAD Admissions Overview
- If you need to take any of the courses requirements listed in the Overview, you can start those now. Visit our Health Science and Nursing Prep page for more information.
- Due to the limited availability of slots in these programs, admission is competitive.
- OCtech seeks to identify students who can achieve at an appropriate level in the curriculum and diversity among its student population.
Health Information Program
Note: To receive an application for this program, you must first complete a Health Information Program (HIP).
VIRTUAL HIP SESSION:
Virtual dates are below. These sessions will be conducted via ZOOM. Please register for the date/time you would like to attend by selecting from the options below. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you!
Tuesday, December 8, 2020 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 16, 2020. 10:00 a.m. Monday, January 18, 2021 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 2, 2021 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, February 17, 2021 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, February 22, 2021 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, March 18, 2021 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, April 22, 2021 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, April 29, 2021 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 5, 2021 4:00 p.m.
ONLINE HIP SESSION:
Online HIP sessions are also available. Use this link to access session: Online Health Information Program
- Students will be required to have a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen through facilities specified by the College only and will be reviewed with designated personnel at the clinical facility. All findings must be satisfactory with the clinical facility prior to clinical placement.
- Students not accepted for clinical rotations will not be able to successfully complete the course or program.
- Students are responsible for all fees associated with drug screens and background checks.
- Proof of current CPR certification before entering RAD clinical educational centers is required. (Proof of CPR should include infant, child, adult and AED-BLS for healthcare providers.)
- Out-of-town travel will be required for selected clinical experiences. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from the clinical sites. Sites are located in Orangeburg, Columbia and Manning. All students will rotate to the various clinical sites.
This program requires the use of a laptop computer.
Students may purchase one from the OCtech Bookstore or provide their own device. A laptop may be purchased using financial aid or scholarship funds. Students are also encouraged to purchase a support package, extended warranties and/or accidental coverage for their device.
If you have your own laptop, it must
• have a USB port
• be capable of adding a second browser, such as Chrome, Edge or Firefox
• be capable of downloading a free Office 365 license provided by OCtech
• be capable of playing and recording audio and video
Graduates are eligible to take the official registry exam given by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Explore radiologic technology careers at CareerOneStop.
The Radiologic Technology program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, 20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182; 312.704.5300; email@example.com; www.jrcert.org.
To review accreditation status, please visit the OCtech Program Accreditation/Approval page.
|Graduation Rate||AART Exam Pass Rate||Employment Rate|
Meet a Graduate
“The instructors are great, and most of the healthcare programs have a 100 percent pass rate on their boards. You can expect to pass your exam, get certified and get employed.”