Teacher Education Transfer – Associate Degree
About the Program
Students in the Associate in Arts – Teacher Transfer courses have as their primary objective either the transfer of specific courses or the associate degree in its entirety to a four-year college or university. Students may opt for one of three areas of concentration: early childhood, elementary or mid-level education.
- Teacher Transfer – Early Childhood Education – Associate Degree
- Teacher Education – Early Childhood One-Year Transfer
- Teacher Education Transfer – Elementary Education – Associate Degree
- Teacher Transfer – Mid-Level Education (Bachelor of Arts) – Associate Degree
- Teacher Transfer – Mid-Level Education (Bachelor of Science) – Associate Degree
This program requires the use of a laptop computer.
Students may purchase one from the OCtech Bookstore or provide their own device. A laptop may be purchased using financial aid or scholarship funds. Students are also encouraged to purchase a support package, extended warranties and/or accidental coverage for their device.
If you have your own laptop, it must
• have a USB port
• be capable of adding a second browser, such as Chrome, Edge or Firefox
• be capable of downloading a free Office 365 license provided by OCtech
• be capable of playing and recording audio and video
OCtech has approved articulation agreements with the University of South Carolina, Claflin University, South Carolina State University, and the University of South Carolina’s Palmetto College.
This concentration is for students who wish to teach pre-kindergarten to 3rd grade.
This concentration is for students who wish to teach grades 2-6.
Students in the Mid-level Education Concentration area wish to teach middle or high school. Please note that these areas will ultimately require specialization in a subject area.
- Students pursuing certification in math or any of the sciences should select the Bachelor of Science transfer program.
- Students pursuing certification in history, English or foreign languages should select the Bachelor of Arts transfer program.
Meet a Graduate
"OCtech builds your foundation. When I got to Claflin University, there wasn't one thing that I heard in class that I hadn't heard before at OCtech. It just really prepared you for the next step. This place will get you where you want to be."