The Student Support Services program serves 200 Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College students each year by providing them with academic, social and cultural support throughout college. This is a voluntary support service – thus, only by returning a completed application in a timely fashion do you have the opportunity to secure a place in the program. By applying to SSS, you will be taking a giant step toward assuring your success at OCtech.
Student Support Service programs are designed to serve undergraduate college students who meet specific program requirements. To be eligible for admission to program, students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Financial need: If you’re like most students and qualify for financial aid, then you may meet this requirement.
- First-generation college student: First-generation college students are defined as those whose parents or legal guardians have not completed a bachelor’s degree (neither father, mother, nor legal guardian(s) has graduated from a four-year institution).
- Disability: Disability refers to students with a physical or mental impairment that limits a major life activity. This includes learning disabilities.
- Successfully complete an SSS orientation.
- Meet with your assigned SSS staff member at least three times a semester.
- Attend at least three workshops, complete a financial literacy workshop and attend at least one cultural event or field trip.
- Be proactive and ask for help when you need it.