Take a step above.
OCtech Youth Apprenticeships are flexible training programs that cultivate well-educated, highly skilled workers able to meet the demands of a competitive global economy.
Apprenticeships offer you the opportunity to earn while you learn through paid on-the-job training under the direction of an industry mentor. OCtech Youth Apprenticeships are open to current Early College Students and OCtech students aged 18-24.
Reap the benefits:
Apprenticeships are paid positions.
You will learn soft skills that will benefit throughout any career.
OCtech credits can be applied toward an associate degree or industry based credential.
You'll get national credentials from the U.S. Department of Labor.
Requirements for Youth Apprenticeships
- Enrolled at OCtech (age 18-24) or in an Early College Program
- Rising junior, senior or graduating senior at least 16 years of age by the start-of-work date
- Hired by one of the participating employers
- Be legally able to work in the U.S.
- Successfully complete the OCtech classes connected with your apprenticeship
- Have qualifying test scores
- Be on track for graduation
- Have good attendance
- Exhibit acceptable behavior
- Reliable transportation to school and work
- Depending on career pathway, the program may last two years
- Be willing to forgo extracurricular activities that would interfere with the apprenticeship