All OCtech programs require a computer in order to complete coursework. On-campus and hybrid classes require a laptop computer. Students may purchase a laptop computer from the OCtech Bookstore or provide their own. Students may use financial aid or scholarship funds for laptops purchased from the bookstore. Students are also encouraged to purchase a support package, extended warranties and/or accidental coverage for their device.
The bookstore stocks three different models of laptops.
- All models are OCtech compliant with classroom requirements.
- Some programs recommend at least the middle tier laptop stocked by the OCtech bookstore.
- Engineering Design Technology (EDT) students: due to the size of the graphics programs used in computer design, the EDT program recommends the top tier computer.
If you already own a computer, it must:
- have a USB port;
- be capable of adding a second browser, such as Chrome, Edge or Firefox;
- be capable of playing, downloading and recording audio and video;
- be capable of downloading a free Office 365 license provided by OCtech.
Microsoft Office 365:
Microsoft Office 365 offers the latest Microsoft Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. This is free to use for OCtech students and includes cloud storage. More information and download links can be found in your D2L account.
Students are encouraged to contact instructors if they have any issues, questions or need assistance accessing online course materials.