We are working remotely and by appointment, but we’re always here to help.
Using the Qless system helps us help you faster. Get in the “Q” and there is no waiting in line or wasting time on hold. Pick the department you want to contact, and we will call you. We will even text you before we call.
- Services available with Qless:
Drop/Add, Change of Major
Click here to begin Qless.
Education is always a good idea to ensure a better future for yourself, and we’re glad you’ve chosen OCtech! Getting started is easy.
Here are the step you need to take to get started:
Find a program to fit your interests.
Visit our program pages and find the program that best suits your goals and interests.
Need help deciding on a major?
Take this 15 minute survey to make a better informed choice of a college major.
Applying to OCtech is free and easy. Apply online here.
Please be sure to complete an application BEFORE submitting transcripts and test scores.
Note: For admissions to Associate Degree Nursing, LPN to ADN Flex, Practical Nursing, Radiology Technology, or Physical Therapist Assistant, please visit the program page you want to apply for and refer to HIP instructions there.
Paying for college is not as complicated as you may think. Many of our students attend for little or no cost.
- Visit our Financial Aid page to begin your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Once our we receive your FAFSA, our financial aid staff will determine the financial benefits available to you, including Lottery Tuition Assistance.
Tip: Check out our Foundation Scholarships and the SC Promise scholarships.
Admissions testing is essential to determining your successful academic plan. Contact Admissions Office prior to taking the placement test.
- Submit your SAT, ACT, WorkKeys or ACCUPLACER test scores.
- If you do not have these scores, the ACCUPLACER can be taken for free through OCtech’s Testing Center.
TIP: Transient/Summer students should submit a Transient Approval form.
We are currently administering ACCUPLACER tests via our Virtual Testing Center for summer and fall admissions. We ask that all students participate in virtual ACCUPLACER testing throughout the summer. To schedule a virtual test, visit our ACCUPLACER page for details.
If you are unable to take the ACCUPLACER virtually, you may schedule an on-campus test using our appointment calendar.
Submit your high school transcript as well any college transcripts you may have completed at another college.
Official Transcripts may be emailed to: email@example.com or mailed to:
OCtech Registrar’s Office
3250 St. Matthews Road
Orangeburg, SC 29118
Meet with an Advising Counselor who will help you register for classes, set up your student account, and give you information about your academic advisor. You can find more information on our Academic Advising page.
All OCtech programs require a computer in order to complete coursework. On-campus and hybrid classes require a laptop computer. Students may purchase a laptop computer from the OCtech Bookstore or provide their own. Students may use financial aid or scholarship funds for laptops purchased from the bookstore. Students are also encouraged to purchase a support package, extended warranties and/or accidental coverage for their device.
The bookstore stocks three different models of laptops.
- All models are OCtech compliant with classroom requirements.
- Some programs recommend at least the middle tier laptop stocked by the OCtech bookstore.
- Engineering Design Technology (EDT) students: due to the size of the graphics programs used in computer design, the EDT program recommends the top tier computer.
If you already own a computer, it must:
- have a USB port;
- be capable of adding a second browser, such as Chrome, Edge or Firefox;
- be capable of playing, downloading and recording audio and video;
- be capable of downloading a free Office 365 license provided by OCtech.
Microsoft Office 365:
Microsoft Office 365 offers the latest Microsoft Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. This is free to use for OCtech students and includes cloud storage. More information and download links can be found in your D2L account.
Students are encouraged to contact instructors if they have any issues, questions or need assistance accessing online course materials.