The precision decision.
Associate Degrees, Certificate
OCtech has the only EIT associate degree program in South Carolina.
You'll spend more time in labs training with equipment, tools and programming instruments used every day in automated or production facilities than you will in the classroom.
You'll also have the opportunity to take advantage of co-ops with such companies as Dominion Energy and International Paper. This is paid on-the-job training you can get while you're completing the program.
OCtech has two Electronics Engineering Technology programs to choose from. This video highlights the Electronic Instrumentation degree track. Watch the next video to learn about Programming.
What's it like working in the field? Watch to find out.
Our Electronics Engineering program offers two degree paths, Electronic Instrumentation or Programming. (Watch the above videos for a good explanation of the difference.) If a four-year degree is your goal, check out our transfer options.
We also offer a Health Physics I-Radiation Fundamentals Certificate, which can help boost your career path if you choose to work in certain environments.
This certificate is for basic entry-level skills and is good for graduates or those already working in fields where these skills can offer expanded employment opportunities.
Paying for college is not as hard as you may think. Many of our students attend for little to no tuition cost.
Electronics Engineering Technology Degree
$3,081 per semester
Electronics Engineering Technology Degree
$3,120 per semester
Health Physics Certificate
$3,120 program total
Applicable fees and approximately $750 for books and supplies. Your actual cost may vary.
*Based on 2021-22 full-time / in-county tuition
Applying online is free and takes just a few minutes.
Paying for college is easier than you think.
Dean of Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Electronics Engineering Technology’s Student Outcomes and Program Education Objective Outcomes
Student outcomes describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that students attain as they progress through the program. The student outcomes are accessed annually based on the student performance of specific performance indicators that support each outcome. The current student outcomes of the Electronics Engineering Technology program are listed below:
Graduates of the EET program at OCtech should be proficient in the following areas at the time of graduation.
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results.
- An ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- Apply circuit analysis and design, computer programming, associated software, analog and digital electronics, and microcomputers, and engineering standards to the building, testing, operation, and maintenance of electrical/electronic(s) systems.
- Apply natural sciences and mathematics at or above the level of algebra and trigonometry to the building, testing, operation, and maintenance of electrical/electronic systems.
Program Educational Objectives
- Program educational objectives are statements that describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years of graduation. Our program educational objectives are based on the needs of our constituencies and aligned with our program’s mission statement:
- The mission of the Electronics Engineering Technology program is to provide the student with a quality well-rounded education. This, in turn, will enhance the student’s economic and social well-being and provide industry with a highly skilled work force.
- The current educational objectives of the Electronics Engineering Technology program are listed below:
In their first few years on the job, graduates of the EET program at OCtech should be able to utilize the knowledge gained from their academic program to:
- Identify and solve problems in electronics engineering technology industry across a wide range of application areas. (Technical Expertise)
- Emerge as successful and professional workers who work and communicate successfully in industry teams across the service area and beyond. (Professionalism, Teamwork, and Leadership)
- Enhance the economic well-being of the community through technical expertise, critical thinking, and teamwork. (Economic Impact)
Adapt to new and emerging technologies to keep current with electronics engineering technology practice. (Continuing Education)
The EET program had 64 students registered for spring semester 2021. The EET program had 19 graduates in 2020.