Paying for college is easier than you think. Follow these steps to get started:
Get your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID.
The FSA ID—a user-selected username and password—is required for students, parents, and borrowers to authenticate their identity and access their federal student aid information online.
Get your FSA ID here.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
To complete the FAFSA, you will need the following:
– Your Social Security Number or Alien Registration Number, if you are not a U.S. citizen
– Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned
– Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
– Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
Remember to list OCtech’s school code on the FAFSA to route your application to us. Our school code for the FAFSA is 006815.
– If you are a dependent student, you will need to your parent’s information to complete the FAFSA.
– You can use the Data Retrieval Tool to import to your tax information in the FAFSA to simply the application process. How to Use Data Retrieval Tool
Your Student Aid Report will be automatically forwarded to OCtech’s Financial Aid office.
Once your application is complete, we will get a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR). Once we have your evaluated your SAR, you will receive an Award Letter from OCtech outlining details of the aid your are eligible to receive as well on what your next steps.