Paying for college is easier than you think. Follow these steps to get started:
Get your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID.
The FSA ID—a user-selected username and password—is required for students, parents, and borrowers to authenticate their identity and access their federal student aid information online.
Get your FSA ID here.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
To complete the FAFSA, you will need the following:
– Your Social Security Number or Alien Registration Number, if you are not a U.S. citizen
– Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned
– Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
– Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
IMPORTANT: Remember to list OCtech’s school code on the FAFSA in order to make sure your application is sent to us. Our school code for the FAFSA is 006815.
– If you are a dependent student, you will need to your parent’s information to complete the FAFSA.
– You can use the Data Retrieval Tool to import to your tax information in the FAFSA to simply the application process. How to Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
FAFSA Dates to Apply:
– 2018-2019 FAFSA is available October 1, 2017 – June 30, 2019.
– 2019-2020 FAFSA is available October 1, 2018 – June 30, 2020.
Your Student Aid Report will be automatically forwarded to OCtech’s Financial Aid office.
Once your FAFSA application has been submitted, a copy will be sent to OCtech within 3-5 business days for review, if you added our school code 006815. We will notify you initially via mail and email, if additional documentation is needed. If no additional documentation is needed and you have been accepted to the College, you will receive an email award notification.
Provide Additional Documentation:
If your file is selected for a process called verification, you will be required to provide additional documentation to verify the accuracy of the information you provided on your FAFSA. In addition, we are required to verify the accuracy of the tax data submitted; therefore, you will need to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool or submit an IRS Tax Transcript or a signed Federal Tax Return (1040 Form). We recommend that you update your FAFSA by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to electronically transfer your tax information into your FAFSA. Follow the step-by-step instructions: How to Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool and How to request an IRS Tax Transcript.
If no additional documentation is needed and you have been accepted to the College, you will receive an email award notification instructing you to log into Self Service through your OCtech Connect to view your award. If no award is provided, please contact the Financial Aid office to inquire about your financial aid status.