All new students should complete the Online Student Orientation.
Mark your calendar to attend fall orientation if you will be a new student beginning in the fall semester.
Information will emailed to students who need to attend.
D2L is the college’s online learning management system where students will go to access their classes and school email. Students that would like to learn more about navigating D2L can attend one of the following workshops or visit the following page for more information:
D2L Workshops will also be in held during the month of May:
Location: Library Computer Lab (Second Floor of Building B)
- Tuesday, May 10:10 am – 11 am
- Wednesday, May 11: 3 pm – 4 pm
- Monday, May 16: 11 am – 12 pm
- Tuesday, May 17: 2 pm – 3 pm
- Wednesday, May 18: 12 pm – 1 pm
New Student Checklist
Important Student Information
Class attendance is vital to your success as a student.
Academic Policies can be found on the Registrar's page.
Advising is important to navigating your college career. Visit the Advising and Registration page for more information.
The OCtech Bookstore offers books, laptops and other supplies you need for your classes. They also sell college branded merchandise and snacks.
Website: OCtech’s Bookstore
Location: The Bookstore is located on the first floor of the B Building. (You can enter the Bookstore from the sidewalk that runs between the B and S buildings.)
Hours: Monday-Thursday from 8am to 6pm
Using Financial Aid in the Bookstore:
Any financial aid that may be available to you for books and supplies will be on your account which the bookstore will reference when making your purchase. Please have your student ID and class schedule on hand when visit the Bookstore. Schedules for financial aid purchases are posted on the Bookstore's webpage each semester.
Student Brightspace email addresses are automatically enrolled in the college’s emergency alert system. Students are encouraged to add cell phone numbers and personal email addresses to the system. Adding your cell phone will allow the receipt of emergency text and voice messages, in addition to an email.
Visit the Emergency Alert System page for more details.
The Library is located on the second floor of the B Building.
The OCtech Library’s goal is to provide resources, services, and information in support of the personal, academic, and professional goals of students, faculty, and staff at OCtech. The Library’s
resources are accessible both on and off campus, through OCtech’s website and D2L. Library resources include electronic databases, print and electronic books, DVDs, PASCAL Delivers, magazines, journals and newspapers, workshops, study space, computers and streaming content.
Visit the Library's webpage for 24/7 access to resources.
Student vehicles on College property must be registered. Vehicles should be registered at the time of class registration. Parking passes can be purchased at the Cashier's Desk in the S building lobby. Parking passes are valid for one academic year and must renewed each year.
- Please make sure you have your car’s license plate information and your Student ID.
For instructions on setting up your Student Self Service and Brightspace accounts, visit this page: Setting Up Student Accounts
A variety of short How-to videos are also available on this page that will show you how to use various features of these accounts.
Current and past issues of the official OCtech Catalog and Student Handbook can be found on the Catalog page.
Student ID’s are issued in Student Services Office in Building S. No appointment necessary to get your ID.
Every registered student at OCtech must have a valid student ID and is required to have it on their person at all times while on the College’s campus.
- There is no fee for the first student ID.
- IDs are required to conduct campus related business.
- To obtain an ID, students should bring a driver’s license or other picture ID to Student Services.
- The cost to replace a lost ID is $15.00.
- Students pay at the Cashier’s Desk in Building S and bring the receipt
- to Student Services to get a replacement ID.
- Replacement ID without cost: IDs are replaced at no cost under the following guidelines: Name change, Broken ID (pieces must be brought to Student Services), or if a student has not attended OCtech for 3 consecutive semesters or 1 academic school year
- Information regarding current tuition and fees can be found here: Tuition and Fees
- Tuition due dates are posted on the Academic Calendar. Pay by the posted due dates to avoid late fees.
- Tuition can be paid online through your Self Service account or at the Cashier's Desk in Building B.
- Payment Plans are available.
For more information about the various ways our Financial Aid department can help you, visit the Financial Aid section of our website.
Student Success Center
Be sure to take advantage of free tutoring and other help you can find for free in the Student Success Center. The Student Success is located in the Library.