Connect is where you’ll find topics such as:
- Check your financial aid status
- Review and pay your bill
- Check your credit balance
- Review missing documents for admissions
- Search for classes
- Register for upcoming semesters
- View your transcript
- Apply for graduation
First Time Users:
- Click on I’m new to Connect: Set up my password.
- Click OK to get your user ID and temporary password.
- Retrieve your user ID by entering your last name and either your social security number (SSN) or OCtech ID and click submit. Your user name will be displayed.
- Click the down arrow in the box to choose an email address to have a temporary password sent to you.
- Retrieve the temporary password from your email, Return to your web browser and click Log In.
- Type in your user ID and temporary password and click submit.When prompted, change your password. Type in your user ID and temporary password, and then type in a new password. Your new password must be a minimum of 8 characters and include at least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter and 1 number, and cannot contain any part of your user name. Confirm the new password and click submit.
NOTE: This password will be used for Connect, D2L and Microsoft Office 365.
- Once you’ve successfully logged in to Connect, click on Self Service or Students to access menu options.
YOU MUST FIRST SET UP YOUR CONNECT ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO ACCESS D2L.
- Wait at least 30 minutes after your first CONNECT login for the system to sync before setting up your D2L account.
Desire2Learn (D2L) is your learning management tool.
- Access online course content
- Submit assignments online
- Check your campus email
- View campus announcements
Your user name for D2L is the same as your CONNECT user name, with the addition of @st.octech.edu
Example User name: If your CONNECT user name is “doeja”, your user name will be “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Your password is the same password that you have selected to use for CONNECT.