OCtech Employee Store
Open Enrollment Resources
- 2022 Insurance Summary
- 2022 Insurance Benefits Guide
- 2022 Open Enrollment Worksheet
- 2022 Open Enrollment Website
Additional Insurance Vendors (Offers STD, Life & Accident Policies, 403B, Etc)
WHO Awards and Service Excellence
Each month, two OCtech employees receive the WHO Award for exhibiting the college’s behavioral standards in their work and daily campus interactions. Visit our WHO page to see current and past WHO Award winners, nominate a co-worker for the WHO Award, and learn how we’re promoting service excellence across campus.
2022 COVID Guidelines for Employees
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College continues to make efforts to protect the health and well-being of our faculty, staff, students and visitors. We rely on each employee to do their part to maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment.
If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in direct contact with someone that has recently tested positive for COVID-19, please contact Marie Howell, HR Director, before returning to campus. Contact information 803-535-1207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Masks are not required on campus. With this change in policy, please be respectful of those who elect to continue wearing masks in all settings.
The College strongly encourages all faculty, staff and students to get fully vaccinated to protect themselves and the community.
Employees who are sick should stay home. Employees should monitor their temperature and themselves daily for the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you were told that you're a close contact of someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19:
- have been fully vaccinated and boosted OR
- Completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine within the last 5 months OR
- Completed the primary series of J&J vaccine within the last 2 months
- You do not need to quarantine
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days
- Test on day 5 after exposure
- Completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine over 5 months ago and are not boosted OR
- Completed the primary series of J&J over 2 months ago and are not boosted OR
- Are unvaccinated
- Quarantine for 5 days
- After that continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days
- Test on day 5 after exposure
*Eligible for a booster means six or more months after the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or 2 months or more after the Janssen vaccine
OCtech provides an Employee Assistance Program. Our EAP is through The Dawn Center. All employees – full time, part time or temporary – and members of their household may take advantage of this free service. Telehealth options and in-person therapy are available.
Employees should call Carolyn Gamble at 803.536.4900, ext. 134, to access services. If you already receive services through our EAP, contact your counselor directly. The benefit also covers dependent children. If your dependent child under the age of 18 and is in need of services, call Melinda Lamprecht at 803.534.2328, ext. 147.
To ensure that you protect your mental and emotional health:
- Take care of your body: eat healthy, well-balanced meals; exercise regularly; get plenty of sleep; and avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Make time to unwind and participate in activities you enjoy.
- Connect with others.
- Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.