OCtech’s VITA Program Offers Free Tax Preparation
Why pay to have your taxes prepared when you can get them done for free?
Trained and certified volunteers from Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program will provide free tax preparation assistance through April 15 for individuals whose household income is at or below $54,000.
Tax preparation assistance will be available from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays in Room H-601 on the campus of OCtech, 3250 St. Matthews Road, Orangeburg. The service will also be offered from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays at the Calhoun County Library, 900 FR Huff Drive, St. Matthews.
Walk-ins are welcome. Individuals seeking assistance with tax preparation should bring:
- Photo ID
- Social Security cards for them, their spouse and their dependents
- Birth dates for them, their spouse and their dependents
- W-2s for all jobs held in 2015, as well as 1099s and 1098s
- 1095s, proof of health insurance
- Direct deposit information (bank routing and account numbers)
For more information, contact Dr. Kat Dooley at 803.535.1314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.