S.C. Bar’s Law School for Non-Lawyers Coming to OCtech
Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College will host the South Carolina Bar Pro Bono Program’s Law School for Non-Lawyers from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 16-March 29.
The Bar periodically offers the seven-week Law School for Non-Lawyers course, which covers a variety of general legal subjects and includes a helpful textbook on South Carolina law. It will meet in Room C-118.
Course topics and dates include:
• Feb. 16 – Overview; state courts; alternative dispute resolution
• Feb. 23 – Juvenile justice and child protection
• March 1 – Family law; real estate; landlord tenant law
• March 8 – Wills, estates and probates; health care and elder law
• March 15 – South Carolina workers’ compensation law; employment law
• March 22 – Bankruptcy law; consumer law; debt collection
• March 29 – Criminal law; torts
The cost of the course is $45. To register, call 803-535-1236. Registration ends at noon Thursday, Feb. 11.