New Student Checklist:
- Purchase any books and supplies for your classes- OCtech’s Bookstore
- Have a required device to use for classes.-Information is at the bottom of this page.
- Check D2L announcements and your School email. Connect to my Accounts
- Student ID-Students can come on campus M-Th from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM to get their student ID in Student Services.
- Parking Pass-Students can purchase a parking pass at the Cashier’s desk in Building S. You will need your car’s information and your student ID.
- Check your classes in D2L. – Attendance is taken on the first day.
Throughout the semester, OCtech provides workshops and tips for students to be successful. Students will receive information about workshops through D2L’s campus announcements.
Computer Technology Crash Course for Day One
Tuesday, January 5 at 2:00 PM or Thursday, January 7 at 2:00 PM
Use the following link to join a session: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82049895647
Join one of these sessions to learn about downloading Microsoft Office for free, using D2L, to ask questions about technology.
- The Bookstore is open Monday-Thursday from 8am to 5pm – and on the Friday before classes from 8am to 1pm. OCtech’s Bookstore
- Any financial aid that may be available to you for books and supplies will be on your account which the bookstore will reference when making your purchase. Please have your student Id on hand when visit the Bookstore.
- Student ID’s will be issued in Student Services.
- Please use the Cook Road entrance to campus. This is the road between the school and the hospital.
- You will find a copy of your schedule in Connect. To access information from your instructors and class content you will go to D2L.
- Please contact your instructor to ask questions specific to your course. Their information may be found in D2L.
- Please contact your instructor if you have questions about the format for your class. The following page also explains the different types of instruction. Please remember attendance is taken beginning the first day.
- You can get a parking permit at the cashiers desk in Building S.
First-Year Experience Tips
- Get to know your professors and classmates.
- Familiarize yourself with D2L and any online programs required for class.
- Do not be afraid to ask for help.
- Take time to understand your syllabus and class expectations and requirements.
- Deadlines are real. Turn work in on time. Any grade is better than a zero on an assignment.
- Do not wait until the last minute to do your assignments.
- Set up a schedule for study time.
- Organize due dates from your syllabus and class in a calendar.
- Learn how to take notes.
- Check your D2L and school e-mail daily.