You don’t have to go far to get further in life.
If your goal is to earn a bachelor’s degree or higher, then an Associate of Arts or Science from OCtech is the best place to start. We’ve designed a program for students just like you that can help you save up to $50,000 on your degree!
- Tuition Waiver
ASAP students who receive financial aid but still have a tuition balance will have that balance waived. The bottom line is you’ll attend OCtech tuition free!
- Textbook Assistance
ASAP students receive $500 for textbooks each year.
- Childcare Vouchers
A limited number of childcare vouchers are available to ASAP students for designated childcare centers (based on available funds and space).
- Emergency Aid
ASAP students who encounter financial difficulties can apply for emergency aid once per year.
- Personal Attention
To ensure a high level of engagement between ASAP students and faculty, a limited number of students will be admitted to the program each fall.
How It Works
- Students must be enrolled full time – at least 12 credit hours per semester – in one of the following majors:
- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Science
- Agriculture Education (Clemson)
- Business Administration (The Citadel)
- Criminal Justice (The Citadel)
- Electronic Instrumentation (University Transfer)
- Engineering Technology Programming (University Transfer)
- Food Science (Clemson)
- Health Science and Nursing Preparation (Associate in Science)
- Hospitality Management (USC Beaufort Transfer)
- Soils and Sustainable Crops (Clemson)
- Teacher Education Transfer (Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Mid-level Education)
- A selection of courses for students enrolled in ASAP will run in two 8-week mini terms per semester, organized by major areas of study when possible. ASAP cohorts are required to take at least two courses together in the first term and one course together in subsequent terms.
- Students will meet monthly with an assigned faculty advisor.
- Students must attend an ASAP orientation.
- Free tutoring and supplemental instruction resources are available.
Students will complete their associate degree in as little as 2 years!
- attend an ASAP information session and mandatory ASAP orientation.
- be a graduate of an Orangeburg or Calhoun county high school, or earn a high school diploma or GED through Orangeburg-Calhoun Adult Education.
- complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or receive veterans benefits.
- be skills proficient in reading, writing and math OR need no more than one developmental course based on placement.
- enroll in our Associate of Arts or Science program, including any of our specialized degree models listed above.
- maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher.
If you meet the qualifications and want to join OCtech ASAP, get started today by signing up for an online information session. Details on how to attend will be emailed to you.